FS2004 MDLTweaker II "Error100"

Hi everyone!
It'd be great if someone could help me. I converted a collada dae file, downloaded from the 3d warehouse(or made by Skechup, i also tried it ), with ModelconverterX - to FS9 mdl. So far with no problem. When i try to import it into MDL Tweaker, it drops an error message: "Error100(This is not a valid RIFF scenery MDL file)in procedure
mOpen_Click of Form Form1". The locale and language of my PC are set to english, and "," to ".".
By the way! It's a bit interesting to me, that if i try to reimport this mdl to MCX, get an error in the event log:
"11:13 MDLReader Error The file warehouse_model.mdl is of a non-supported MDL format" and does not open it.
I use Win7 with dotnetfx4, i tried to run these progs in xp-sp3 compatibility mode, but the result is the same. Hope if someone could help me.
Greetings from Hungary

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If both tools can not read the MDL file, I think something might be wrong with the file. Were there any errors when you created it? Else could you attach it, so that I can take a look what is wrong with it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

It seems that you used the FS2002 MakeMDL, instead of the FS2004 MakeMDL. You need to make sure that ModelConverterX is pointing to the FS2004 version.