memory full???

Hi,

I'm using many high quality textures for my scenery. When I load the sim some things are not textured. It is always the same building (Schiphol 28) and my aircraft. After pressing ctrl shift everythings is ok. Help, I thought everything was working fine and that I could release the scenery soon :( Any ideas. The problem came in today, I did add some objects, but my texture map of the scenery is about 9 mb, I did also add ovjects from the tree library. Could that be the problem?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Jorrit,

9 MB does not should as too much textures, so I guess it should be something else.

Maybe you used a corrupt object somewhere. I would advice you to try to remove objects one by one to see which one is guilty.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Good question, does pressing Ctrl Shift cause any reload or so?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
FS can not reload the scenery, only the textures. That is why I always quit and restart FS, the reload option is not really useful to me.

So, when reloading the textures it works fine. Does the problem occur when you start at the airport or when you fly to the airport or both?

I know the sim doesn't load new objects, but reload the already loaded things. It seems a odd function, but I got so desperate that I tried it and then it worked normal.
I checked, the problem only occurs when starting at the airport. When flying inbound, there is no problem.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Very strange, if it would be a loading problem you would expect it to be worse when you arrive from another airport. I am afraid I have run out of ideas.

I still think removing some recent objects you added might be a good idea and tell you if one of them is too blame.

Had the same problem, and it took me a week to find the blame.
It turned out I made an object named vip_LOD_80 which I've completly
forgot about. The only difference is that the problem never showed near
the scenery, always when I was far from it.
Last week that problem
came back again. This time I was trying "yellowGlow.fx" (see effects thread).
Since I was never able, no matter what I do, to attach effects to an object
I simply made a simple box behind the effect. This is when the texture problem appeared. Removing the box and just leaving the effect in place removed the problem. To this moment I still don't have a clue of what can cause this phenomenon. (even the box without the FX)
What I was actually trying to say (and maybe give you a direction to a solution) is, try to go back and watch every object you made, no matter how
small it is. Remove different files to try and isolate the damaged part.

Neal