• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Minute of the Hour

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno,

How do I get 'Minute of the Hour (0388h)' as well as 'Hour of the day (0389h)' to work together using CAT?

I have Hours of the Day working between 9am-5pm on a hanger door, but I also have other hanger doors that I would like to open at 8.45am-6.00pm, 8.30am-5.30pm. It's so they don't all open at the same time.

Do I run CAT and use 'Hours of the day' and save, then re-start CAT and use 'Minute of the Hour' or will this over write the Hours of Day settings?

I haven't tried the Minute of the Hour yet, thought I would ask you, saves me lots of trial and error

Thanks

Stevo

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Stevo,

Running CAT twice will not help, I guess it will only give you errors as CAT should always use GMax created ASM file (not already tweaked ones).

In the animation condition you can use two conditions (one for the hour and one for the minutes). But if you want other doors with another time, you need to make a second MDL file.

Country
unitedkingdom
I have all the MDL's for each door, just needed to know how to use cat with these variables.

So if I use the animation condition and additional animation condition, would I need to use the animation trigger also or could I bybass this. Would the animation start with only the condition set? I would have thought it would be waiting for the trigger. If it needs the trigger what could be used for a trigger?

so would something like this be right

Animation Condition
Variable 0389h
Minimum 9
Maximum 17

Additional Animation Condition
Variable 0388h
Minimum 15
Maximum 30

:confused:

Stevo

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You would need a trigger as well. Maybe you can do a bounding box as trigger?

The animation trigger has only one variable, so you can not check hours and minutes there. To get that, you would have to tweak the ASM code manual.

Country
unitedkingdom
Ok, Arno I'll give it a go see what happens

I wouldnt know where to start tweaking the ASM code manually, so I'll try the bounding box.

Country
unitedkingdom
I tried the bounding box but nothing happened

This is what i put in.

Animation Condition
Variable 0389h
Minimum 9
Maximum 17

Variable 0388h
Minimum 15
Maximum 30

Animation trigger
Bounding box
-500 500
-500 500
0 500

no animation happened

I also tried

Animation trigger
Variable
0389h
Minimum 9
Maximum 18

I thought if the animation trigger was 9.00am to 18.00pm, the trigger will then check the condition, and because the condition is not set until 9.15am the trigger will not run until 9.15.

But i must be wrong because it doesnt work. :(

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
If i disable the Additional Animation Condition it seems to work, its the 0388h variable that stops it from working, am I putting in the correct value's

Animation Condition
Variable 0389h
Minimum 9
Maximum 17

Variable 0388h
Minimum 15
Maximum 30

Animation trigger
Bounding box
-500 500
-500 500
0 500

:confused:

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Stevo,

Are you aware that with the current animation condition the minutes must be between 15 and 30 AND the hour between 9 and 17. So only 15 minutes of each hour this condition is met.

Country
unitedkingdom
no, I didnt know that.

The 9 17 works ok its only when i add the 15 30 it stops working.

So does that mean I need to enter 16 29? :confused:

Update

I see what you mean, the animation only triggers between 9:15 and 9:30, 10:15 and 10:30 and so on.

does this mean there is no way, without doing it manualy, to keep the doors open between 9:15am and 17:30pm and closed between 17:31pm and 9:14am?

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The animation is only shown when both conditions are true. So I don't think entering 16 29 would help. It would still only be visible 15 minutes of each hour.

With the current way of coding the checks, you can't really have a start between two times with hours and minutes. Then you would really have to change the ASM file manual.

Country
unitedkingdom
:(

Ok Arno, I'll have to stick with the doors opening on the hour.

Just one last question, is there a way to delay the Animation condition? So once all conditions are meet, the animation will be delayed by a certain amount of time.

If there isnt a way, there should be :D

Stevo

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Stevo,

The animation will only start once it has been triggered. After that there is no way to program a delay. So if you want a certain delay, you might want to use a smart trigger :).