• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Missing Aircraft Objects In Library

Country
us-california
I have been using ADE for 2years ,However not very in depth. I just loaded 1.75 today and in the object
library my aircraft are missing , why?? This is in my P3Dv4. In my FSX all objects are present. All buildings airport objects ect.but no aircraft. What am I missing?
#1.png
#2.png

Country
newzealand
Do you have the "big thumbnail pack" installed?
I'm not using v1.75 or P3D so not sure if its included in the install for v1.75

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Did you import your older settings into the new installation? If you added any objects to the library object manager in your old installation then they will not be automatically transferred to the new one.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
As Jon says, you must add all those library BGL files to the P3Dv4 LOM as well. Each version is completely separate.

Country
us-california
Maybe I did not state my issue clearly the stock aircraft in the file library that come with every version I have ever used are missing. They show up when I start ADE 1.75 in FSX everything is there,However in P3dv4 the planes are missing. The photos show the library list with everything but {aircraft}. In category only thing that shows is {stock}and nothing eles. Anyone have a solution. How to fix please?

1122.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What you are seeing is the bare bones default Library Object List which is the same for each P3D version and originally used in FSX. At some point in the past we enhanced the FSX one somewhat. P3D v4 was added as a version in 1.75 and just got the basic data since it had not existed in ADE before. So if you want the same in FSX and P3D v4 then:
  • Make sure ADE is not running
  • Go to the main ADE installation folder and open the folder P34
  • Find the two files adeObjectList.dat and adeObjectList_base.dat. Rename each of them change .dat to .dnu
  • Next open the FSX folder inside the ADE main installation
  • Find the two files adeObjectList.dat and adeObjectList_base.dat.
  • Copy them into the P34 Folder
  • Start ADE again in P3D v4 mode

Country
us-california
I applied your recommendation and it worked thank you, I now have no pictures on any of the library objects. What am I forgeting

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Check the setting for the Thumbnail Folder:

1516965951195.png

Make sure it points to the folder containing them. This is the default for P3D v4:
1516966020297.png

Country
us-california
Thank you so much for your help Sir I have made dozens and dozens of freeware airports over the years and given them freely for others pleasure and fun. Some airports like my KAI TAK and Euopean airport packages have over 10,000 downlaods and have been circulated over several simulator websites under the name Starseed. I can continue making these addons for others because of your help. Thanks again!

One quick question are there any good library model packages with other buildings ect. I have looked around with not much luck as far as good ones??

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
"Good" is a very subjective word; what may be good for one purpose will not be for another. What kind of buildings are you looking for? (era, size, type, etc.). And what constitutes "good quality" for you?

Country
us-california
The best available would be nice .Throw a couple of recommendations my way like modern terminals or new type hangars ect. I not up to speed on creating my own. Where can they be found I have not had much luck . Is it possible to copy an airport terminal from one airport to another? have not had much luck with that. Appreciate your suggestions.

Country
newzealand
The best available would be nice .Throw a couple of recommendations my way like modern terminals or new type hangars ect. I not up to speed on creating my own. Where can they be found I have not had much luck . Is it possible to copy an airport terminal from one airport to another? have not had much luck with that. Appreciate your suggestions.

not sure where you would find terminals or hangars but there are thousands to choose from in the stock airport library, to your second question,
you can use anything from any airport and use it anywhere in the world, but you will need tools to do this like Don's (gadgets) GeoLock Utility which will also extract the textures for you too, or Arno's MCX utility both very useful tools to help you
i dont use P3D so i'm taking it they will work for you

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Sorry, all the objects I know about are for FS9, which I assume don't work for P3Dv4.

Country
us-california
Thanks for the link TGgibson, Now that I go to apply my new library to an airport I see the aircraft thumbnail everything is nicely in place. All my objects
show up at airport , BUT the aircraft I selected not there. As you can see from the photo it places the object and shows up in the list ect.Now only a few will appear why is this ? none of the static 737's MD83's or 747 will appear. the F22 and some of the GA ramdom aircraft will C185 Pier Cub and a few others. .I have never had this much of a problem will ADE before. What can I do to resolve this??
ss (2018-02-05 at 09.27.13).png

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Only thing I can think of is if they are in FS9 format they will not appear in P3Dv4.

Country
us-california
How can I make sure they are P3D4 compatable? Is there a way to download the current aircraft library or other aircraft models?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Bear in mind that ADE does not store actual model data. It stores references to that data and when you place a library object then you are using the models from the version of FS or P3D that you are compiling for.

The list that ADE has are basically stock objects. These will be the objects found in the stock scenery folders in files with OBX in the name (and some others). You can see which stock object library ADE thinks the object is located in by looking at The Library Entry.

1518340785512.png

Most of these are going to be in the Global Scenery Folder

1518340903169.png

This is P3D v4 so I would expect them to be displayed. The object you show above is in the vehicles_aircraft.bgl file

1518341042339.png

Have you shared your ADE project file for this with us so that we can take a look?

Country
unitedstates
Will it work with FS2004 library for static aircraft? I'd love to have those. Many Europeans have abandoned aircraft parked outside airport.

Where did you get download coming from filename please?

Stuart