Missing Airplane

:(Howdy all, please lend me some assistance. When using Whisplacer, I can hit the connect button and it SAYS that I am connected. The connection button turns to what looks like a stop sign and hovering the pointer produced the tooltip asking me if I want to disconnect. All of that is as it should be. The problem is my airplane doesn't show up. A short time ago I had to do some drastic reconstruction on my Operating System, which nescessitated the re-installaton of FSX, SDK, FSXSp1, SDKSp1, Acceleration and Acceleration SDK (in that order). I can connect and see my airplane in AFX and FSPlanner. I'm sorry to be a bother, but the way Whisplacer opens airports, it's almost impossible to find the one I want without seeing where my airplane is

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Does it help if you press the "Goto plane position" option in the "Live preview" menu?

Thanks for the quick reply Arno, but no that didn't help. I am really at my wit's end here. I am editing an airport and the tower is in the wrong place. I was hoping to use Whisplacer to move it, but I don't know which one it is without being able to see my 'plane.

Regards to all
Jim

Wellllll, you know what they say, the cabover driver is the first one to see the accident coming! I can see and move my airplane in FSX-Planner, ADE, and AFX, but I have something new to report. I don't know what happened, but suddenly this evening my airplane showed up. HEHEHEHEHE, I thought, here we go. Then I realized that it wasn't at the same airport that I was. To wit: I was at KNPA and my airplane had parked itself in the GA parking area of KPNS. It seemed to be live, because I could hit the disconnect button and it would disappear and re-appear with the next click, but I could NOT coax it over to KNPA. I shut down Whisplacer to do something else and when I restarted it, I was back to the original problem...no airplane. Arrrrrgh, I am about to tear out what little hair I have left.

Regards to all
Jim