• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Missing terminals after compiling with ADE

Country
us-florida
First of all, I am running P3Dv4.5. I have a large number of FSX-generated airport sceneries installed in my sim. They all (initially) look and function correctly. Some of them require further adjustment (e.g. airline gate assignments, gate size, etc.).

Let's take KGPT for instance. The default airport is crap but there is a decent FSX add-on that I have installed. I install and activate it in Scenery, open it up and all is there, including the custom terminal. I open up the bgl file in ADE and then make the necessary adjustments. I restart P3d and select that airport. The custom terminal is now missing. I don't understand why. I have ADE-adjusted most of these FSX airports and all compile and then display correctly. There are several that don't and I wonder if any of you guys have seen this and know how I can resolve the issue. The add-on files are attached.

Attachments

• KGPT_ADEX_NB.BGL
    42.8 KB · Views: 106
  • KGPT_ADEX_NB_CVX.bgl
    370 bytes · Views: 98
Country
us-florida
Seriously? No one else has seen this problem? I even tried using compiling to the same file name as the original "bgl" and still, the terminal disappears. I can't believe no one else has seen this problem.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Seriously? No one else has seen this problem? I even tried using compiling to the same file name as the original "bgl" and still, the terminal disappears. I can't believe no one else has seen this problem.
Can you please attach the ADE project file for that airport.

Country
us-florida
Thank you for looking into this, Jon. It happens on very few airports but is certainly very puzzling.
It doesn't matter whether the files are original FSX or files that have been converted to P3d using AIG's FSX2P3D converter program. If I adjust the airport BGL and then compile successfully, then when I call it up in P3d, the terminal is missing. Maybe some other features are missing too but I'm primarily concerned with the terminal, of course. I have also made sure I utilized the Library Object Manager (numerous times) but I can't help but feel that maybe the terminal is not getting picked up. Anyway, here are the Scenery files for KHLN, the latest airport I have used ADE on, to adjust. Included are: the 2 original FSX BGLs, 2 converted (FSX to P3d) BGLs, the ADE compile resultant BGL, and the READ ME file from the originator. Good luck and, thanks again! BAS

Attachments

• KHLN_ADEX_BD.bgl
    508.7 KB · Views: 77
  • KHLN_ADEX_BD_CVX.bgl
    670 bytes · Views: 75
  • KHLN_ADEX_BD_CVX_P3D.bgl
    670 bytes · Views: 81
  • KHLN_ADEX_BD_P3D.bgl
    508.7 KB · Views: 79
  • readme.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 79
  • KHLN_ADEP4_BAS.bgl
    63.9 KB · Views: 67
Country
us-florida
Hey Microdude: I appreciate your reply but I don't see how that would work considering that the terminal was visible prior to adjusting and then compiling with ADE. BAS

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I'm sorry I am not able to give an answer. Where is the actual model for the terminal? It should be in a library bgl file that is located in an active scenery folder in the sim. If it were part of the airport then we would see a _OBJ.bgl file for the airport but there does not seem to be one of those. The LOM in ADE stores reference information about objects but not the objects themselves. If the library bgl containing the actual terminal model is not in an active scenery folder along with any textures then it will not show up.

If we can clear up where the terminal is and that is is active in the sim then we can move on to more arcane issues such as loading priority

Country
us-florida
Jon, The terminal must be imbedded in the KHLN_ADEX_BD.bgl file. It shows up when I open this BGL in ADE. Clicking on it brings up this info:

Library Object "KHLN Terminal" Guid 1d9ca588-c296-49d8-af2--f2043270e4f1. Terminal graphics are in the Texture folder as BMPs.

Ok now, this has been in the back of my head, to move the ADE-adjusted/compiled KHLN folder to another point in the P3D scenery hierarchy. Well, I did that today (lower-numbered priority to a higher-numbered) and now the terminal DOES show up. I don't understand that. When I installed the original in the lower-numbered priority the terminal was visible until I adjusted and compiled it with ADE. Once I adjusted and compiled, the terminal disappeared. I move it to another spot in the priority list and then the terminal reappears. Any thoughts???