• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Model Footprint Problems with 1.70

Country
italy
Hi, after installing the MFDB files I lost the details of the "MODEL" objects. Now I see only rectangles objects.
I do not know if this change was wanted, but when in doubt I attach two images.
Greetings
LUCE35

Attachments

• prima.PNG
    prima.PNG
    466.3 KB · Views: 308
  • dopo.PNG
    dopo.PNG
    288 KB · Views: 353

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Is this from a stock airport? Are these objects your special model objects or taken from the sim? Which MFDB file did you install and where did you install it?

Country
italy
The MFDB file has been taken from your website in the download section and installed in GLOBAL folder ADE, the MODEL files are not stock items.
The airport was a stock airport, which has been expanded.
LUCE35

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well that shouldn't affect your model files. I am not sure what the before picture is telling me - looks like barbed wire or something.

So the issue is drawing footprints for models that are not stock. Are they in ADE or in a library blg file - are they yours?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have just moved this thread out so that it does not become lost in the other stuff in the general thread

Country
italy
Well that shouldn't affect your model files. I am not sure what the before picture is telling me - looks like barbed wire or something.

So the issue is drawing footprints for models that are not stock. Are they in ADE or in a library blg file - are they yours?

They are the MDL files, upload in ADE using the MODEL command. Their model does not stock, and are not BGL loaded in ADE.
However, it is not a big problem, just seeing their shape was easier to place them in the project. ;-)
But I can confirm that this strange thing happens by changing the file in GLOBAL.
Greetings

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No there is a bug here somewhere. If you load a project with models in it then ADE should generate footprints - however it might not be doing that. I will add it to the fix list.

Country
us-california
I have a similar problem, but not the same.

When I load a new original mdl using Lists>Models, ADE generates an accurate footprint and I am able to place the model without incident.

If I modify the model in Sketchup and it affects the footprint, the footprint remains the same as the original. I use Edit to replace the original MDL with the modified one, but the footprint doesn't change. Get Footprints says it has done its job, but the footprint is the same.

If I delete the model from the list, exit and reload ADE, I still get the very first footprint generated. The only way around it is to start over with a new dae and make an entirely new model.

Country
us-california
When you convert the .dae to an FS .mdl in MCX, assign it a new GUID.

cheers,
Lane
Thanks, Lane. That's the second time you've saved me a lot of trouble. I thought ADE was looking at the file name, so I was making a new model with a different file name which generated a different GUID. I was doing it the hard way.

Eric