FS2004 Model is white until I get close up to it

Hi all,

So, I created this 25 m fast intervention coast guard boat. I have to get pretty close to it to see the texture appearing, else it's all white. Texture is DXT1-16 bit with mipmap.
Any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
All objects in FS9 lose their textures after a certain distance. The larger the object is, the more obvious the change. I don't know if there is a fix, but I don't think so.

This assumes you do not have an untextured LOD, of course.

Does it have anything to do with LOD's or actually the lack of them in my case? I see the same issue on some Harrier aircraft from MAIW.
I have 2 of my boat at a dock, one AI and one static coming from the same model. The static one doesn't lose it's texture at the same distance.
Untitled-1.jpg

Also a question, is the change of mipmap synchronized with the change of LOD or are they independent?
As an example if we had 7 LOD's and 7 mipmaps would there be 7 changes of texture or could it possibly be 14?

Thanks

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

Yes, it is different for aircraft (AI) and static (scenery). I was talking about aircraft.

I don't think that LOD and mipmaps are synchronized, since they are dealing with two separate things (model polygons and texture sizes).