• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Model not loading correctly in latest version of MCX

Country
us-virginia
I'm trying to upload this F-15 into MCX so I can modify some of the weapons locations. When I upload it the right landing gear does not appear anymore. I didn't have this problem with the earlier versions of the software but the newer versions are causing this problem. Is there any way you can help me out with this problem and a possible solution? Arno, Can you help out with this problem?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Do you have the option for visibility conditions enable or not?

And did you enter specific user variable values?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
There is an option for the use conditions it can be set to visibility condition or user defined. The visibility condition has recently been added and can have some issues. So you might want to try without that option

Country
us-virginia
Screenshot_4.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I see the gear is not there, any warning or error in the event log?

Without the model it is hard to tell more from just some screenshots.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
OK, I'll check tomorrow.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Nope not yet. Been hunting some other bugs in scenProc this evening. It will probably be tomorrow before I have time.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I just had a quick look and it seems it is a FSX model, so the suggestions above about user variables do not apply. Not sure yet why parts are missing. Need to check what goes on when reading the file.

Country
us-virginia
OK keep me posted on what you find out. The conversion works fine in version 1.3.0.0 but that version doesn't do everything that 1.4.0.0 does. WhenI convert with 1.4.0.0 it loses its landing gear on the right-hand side.

Version 1.3.0.0

-2018-oct-13-008.jpg

version 1.4.0.0

-2018-oct-13-009.jpg

Country
england
I just tried the MDL in the latest dev release and it shows both landing gears OK.

mdl.jpg

Country
us-virginia
Dave, can you export that model file to me so I can see if it shows up correctly on mine. Am I missing something when setting up 1.4.0.0?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have the missing landing gear as well in the development release, so maybe it's related to some setting. Let me check.