• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 modelconverter x

Hallo,
-due to Microsoft-troubles I lost a lot of tools you need to work modelconverter correct. Who can tell me, what tools that are and where can I find them.
I have been a Long time in Hospital am trying now to work again with my FS9. Also I have Trouble with the new donwloded exe-tool and the flatten-tool.Who can help me, so I get fun again working with my FS9.
Thanks so far.

Hartmut Grundt
hgrundt@t-online.de

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

When working with FS2004 you would need MakeMDL and BGLComp. You can download both FS2004 SDK for that here at fsdeveloper in the resources section.

The other tools you mention I'm not sure which ones you mean.

Thanks, I got these via the SDKs . An other Problem is, that the ModelConverter does not work with my imagetool. I have the Version 1.0.0.2. Is there a newer one, and if, where can I find it?
Greetings
Hartmut

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Version 1.0.0.3 should be in the FS2004 Terrain SDK. Later versions are available in the FSX SDK, and I assume also in the freely available P3D SDKs.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I would indeed try the ImageTool version from the FS2004 SDK (it comes with the Terrain and GMax SDK if I remember correctly). It's a long time ago I worked with FS2004, but that version should work with MCX.

I would indeed try the ImageTool version from the FS2004 SDK (it comes with the Terrain and GMax SDK if I remember correctly). It's a long time ago I worked with FS2004, but that version should work with MCX.

Thanks so far!
I am still in trouble! To convert a bgl via the Wizzard I get the following Error-massage : Can't open ..(path to makemdl)... makemdl.parts.xml . Das System kann die angegebene angegebene Datei nicht nicht finden.
My version of makemdl.exe is 9.0.0.30612

What's wrong? who can help?

Greetings
Hartmut

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And the MakeMDL.parts.xml file is in the same folder as the exe?

Thanks so far!
I am still in trouble! To convert a bgl via the Wizzard I get the following Error-massage : Can't open ..(path to makemdl)... makemdl.parts.xml . Das System kann die angegebene angegebene Datei nicht nicht finden.
My version of makemdl.exe is 9.0.0.30612

What's wrong? who can help?

Greetings
Hartmut

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Should be part of the sdk, let me check.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Here in my MakeMDL SDK the file is present by default. So maybe you should reinstall the MakeMDL SDK?

upload_2017-10-29_12-16-22.png

Here in my MakeMDL SDK the file is present by default. So maybe you should reinstall the MakeMDL SDK?

View attachment 37664

Thank you, I found it in my MakeMDL SDK. So I put the xml file into the order, where I have my makeMDL file - my path in the options Exporter Settings was not to the MakeMDL SDK, but to another self-made order.
so everything is now working fine. Thank you again!!!

Another question: on your Web side I found long time ago a tool named SAMM. Is there a link to load it down again??

You can find that tool at stuff4fs.com. Click on User Applications.
You can find that tool at stuff4fs.com. Click on User Applications.
Hi,

SAMM is not my tool, but we have a forum for it here at FSDeveloper as well:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/static-aircraft-model-maker.114/

Thanks again, I got it, but I think I have to learn again how to use it, so I have to read the big tutorial!!

Nevertheless I have a last question: there are some GE dae-files, which I cannot open with your tool. When trying the following message appears: An error occurred during importing the selected file, following by : "Die arithmetische operation hat einen Überlauf verursacht." Is there any chance to repair this by opening the dae-file with an editor. I did that sometimes successful, when the name of the "texture" was different to the name of the bmp-picture.

An example for that is the Hilton Hotel in Valencia.
Would be fine, if you an help me again.

Greetings
Hartmut

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you using the latest development release? Else send me a link to a file with the problem so I can test it.

Are you using the latest development release? Else send me a link to a file with the problem so I can test it.

Hi Arno, good morning!
So, I have Version 1.4, but I don't use it, because I cannot find the "mass texture editor"-button. So I am using further on the 1.3 version. Or is there an update for 1.4 that I didn't found yet? It really would be nice to use 1.4, because it has the mipmap-true/false function and save function e.g. to fsc. And if I get an updated 1.4 version, how can I avoid, that the event log appears automatically.

Here the link to one the objects, that doesn't work with my version:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/e0b1b8368b1bfd1cc211b5eae5eee473/Hilton-Hotel-Valencia

Greetings
Hartmut

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Version 1.3 is a bit old and no longer supported. So if it doesn't load the KMZ file, try in version 1.4 first. The development release is regularly updated.

The mass texture editor doesn't exist anymore in version 1.4, it is integrated in the material editor now. On the textures tab in the material editor you can save textures in a different format.