ModelConverterX support for AeroFly

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that in the latest ModelConverterX development release I have added support for saving AeroFly TGI and TSC files. So this should allow conversion of FS objects into AeroFly more easily. I'm sure I can add more features to the exporters, like ground polygons and things like that. So let me know if there are issues or suggestions.

https://www.scenerydesign.org/2018/02/aerofly-fs2-support-in-modelconverterx/

Hello Arno,

I managed to make a ground polygon with a .dae plane made in Sketchup some time ago and it worked fine.
A recent change in the AFS2 beta engine has broken this. From IPACS team, I received the information that the .tgi file is missing vertex weight info. This is now the only way to get my plane to blend the default mesh
I have no idea if I can get this to work with Sketchup and how Model converter X could export this info. Can you help me?
Cheers, Sylvain

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

MCX doesn't store vertex weights. I'll have to check how to add them.

Capture_MCX.png
Aidez-moi ! ...

Je viens de passer d'une semaine à faire des essais, je suis perdu!
Je viens de terminer la couverture de la Corse avec les images Bing et de très grosses corrections du littoral et des hauts-fonds, sur une île forcément, c'est un gros travail.
Je souhaite maintenant utiliser ModelConverter X afin d'installer un aéroport que je possède (avec achat et licence).
Il s'agit de LFKB Bastia-Porreta, initialement pour FSX et acheté sur SimMarket.
J'ai tout essayé, un peu perdu dans les nombreuses options, bien lu et wiki très détaillé mais malheureusement il manque selon moi une procédure pour paramétrer les différents paramètres, cela pour le débutant que je suis.
J'étais en 2000 sur l'île, mais il y a différents logiciels qui ne sont plus utilisables pour FSX.
J'ai importé le fichier BGL de l'aéroport, réussi sans aucun message d'erreur, les bâtiments et les textures ont été importés correctement et clairement.
J'ai paramétré les chemins du SDK de FSX et AFS2.
J'ai essayé la conversion sans succès, depuis "Export objet" et obtenu un fichier .Tgi mais sans textures converties. Depuis "Export scenery" sans sortie de fichier Tsc, ni aucune textures.
Pourtant j'ai le message des lignes affichées "
"18:13 Informations TGIWriter Fin de l'écriture du fichier C: \ Utilisateurs \ Michel \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ SceneryDesign.org \ ModelConverterX \ AF2 \ LFKB_Stroenia.tgi
18:13 Information TSCWriter Fin de l'écriture du fichier G: \ Steam \ _Conversion_FSX_AFS2 \ scenery \ LFKB_Stroenia.tsc.
Je ne sais absolument plus que faire!
La Scène étant une scène Orbx donc commerciale, peut-être tout simplement est-elle protégée !
Si quelqu'un pouvait m'aider, merci par avance.
Cordialement.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

You would manually have to convert/save textures in the material editor. That is not done automatically.

Arno, I am attempting to convert some old FSX bgl models to AFS2 (for my own personal use on my PC only, of course).

I have had a lot of success converting many models, mostly individual ones. However, I've hit a snag trying to convert bgl's that contain more than one model in the file. MCX reads and opens the files all right, but when I try to convert an individual model to an AFS2 tsc file, I get this error: (TSCWriter Warning Skipping object without placement: (Model name here)), and the model is not saved nor is the tsc file created.

Is this fixable, or is there a work around of some sort? I have tried exporting a model to different formats, re-importing them and then tried exporting again to AFS2 with no luck.

If this just isn't possible for some reason then that's fine, just let me know and I'll stop trying to get it to work. : )

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If the object is not placed somewhere, it can't be written to a TSC file. So you need to place it first.

Thanks for the reply Arno, I appreciate it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about placement; the file I'm trying to export objects out of is an FSX bgl that is in FSX, not models I've created and haven't put into use.

Not quite sure what else I can attempt so may give up on this. I really wanted to be able to use these objects in AFS2 to augment personal scenery for myself but I guess it can't be done.

Thanks for your help!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It looks like you loaded an object library BGL, it only includes the objects but not the information where in the world they should be placed. For the TSC file the placement information is also needed, so objects without it are skipped. Most likely the placement information is in another BGL file of the addon scenery.

Arno,

Figured out a workaround after some trial and error. Thanks for the tip on the placement info, glad (for now) I've got this working!

Ken

Hi Arno,
I have a few suggestions for adding some features to MCX.
1. The ability to add the "__nocollision" parameter to the TGI model. This is an analogue of "NoCrash" - very useful for grass models, markup, and so on. This is best done in the "Material editor"
Example:
<[list_tmxglgeometry_impexp][geometry_list][]
<[tmxglgeometry_impexp][element][0]
<[int32][id][0]>
<[string8][name][part00__nocollision]>
<[tmxglgeometry_impexp][element][3]
<[int32][id][3]>
<[string8][name][part03__nocollision]>

2. Ability to add parameter [object_transparent_atc] in TSC. Very useful for models whose textures contain an alpha channel.
Example: <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]
<[string8][type][object_transparent_atc]>

3. "Exsport scenery to AFS2". AFS2 does not support model scaling. Therefore, when exporting scenery from FSX / P3D, some problems arise if in BGL / XML (P3D) contains scaling objects. It would be great to take into account the "scale" parameter when exsport scenery to AFS2. Please note that one model (GUID) may have different "scale" values, therefore it is better to add scale values to the model name when exporting.
By the way, it will be useful when exporting to X-Plane.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Thanks, I was not aware of these options. I think it should be possible to add support for them, I'll check.

About the scaling, I thought you had a scale option in the TSC file, but I might be wrong.