• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Mombasa "Moi Int. Airport HKMO 2014" (Albysim)

Country
italy
Hello.
I'm happy to tell to the simcommunity that we have started the new “Albysim scenery design project 2014” which will be the “Mombasa Moi International Airport" (HKMO) in Kenya.

This airport, wich serves the city of Mombasa and is the second largest and busiest airport in Kenya behind Nairobi, is also the main destination for all tourists who want to spend a holiday on sea and safari in Kenya. The scenery will be for FS2004 but we have not yet decided the release modes and times.

In fact, in parallel with this new scenery, we are also working on version 2.0 of “Santorini big scenery” that we have already released in autumn 2012.

As soon we will have some news on our new sceneries, we'll let you know definitely.

mombasa%20HKMO%20Albysim_screen%202013-11.JPG

Country
italy
I will buy if you offer an FSX version, I love this airport and city

I'm happy you like the project (btw the 2D balcony and columns on the terminal show in our picture are for reference only, of course all elements will be in 3D with real floor, columns, ceiling and a lot of more details).

We really like the idea to develope a FSX version for Mombasa too, but at this time we don't have the complete knowlegend to develope a FSX version full identical as the FS9 version because untill now we have only developed for FS9.

So first we will be focus on the FS9 version, then we will try with much pleasure to got a good FSX version too.

Country
italy
Hey guys ! A short entry to tell you some news about our Mombasa 2014 project. In the last month we have designed a few main buildings: Terminal 1 was rough completed, Terminal 2, Terminal GA, Control tower and Fire station are in progress but the main structures are done (I post here some “work in progress” screenshots; low res satellite image is for reference only). Some better textures and other airport buildings (Freight terminal, maintenance hangars, military zone and a lot of other details) will follow in the next months. Stay tuned on Fsdeveloper and on our site www.albysimsd.hostoi.com for future news !
mombasa_demo%202013-12-02.jpg

mombasa_demo%202013-12-03.jpg

mombasa_demo%202013-12-01.jpg

mombasa_demo%202013-12-04.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Looks great. My only suggestion would to dirty up to roof textures a bit with some decals.

Country
italy
Looks great. My only suggestion would to dirty up to roof textures a bit with some decals.

Shaun, i think the same ! But, at this time, the textures are more or less a "place holder", only to see how the model look. In a second time we will retouch all textures and try to give a little more reality to the entire model.

Country
france
Hi Albybz,

Nice work, I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently working on an FSX version(payware) of the same airport.:)

Country
italy
Hello !
We like to tell you some news about our “Mombasa HKMO 2014” project. The work is still in progress and in the last months we have finish to model, add details and photoreal textures to all airport buildings. We also modeled the complete ground fleet (twenty different vehicles) and a lot of other objects/details (light poles, various vegetation and trees, car in the parking, signs and much more)
Next steps will be the complete detailed work on the ground poly (gate markings, taxy lines, hi-res apron textures) and some scenery animations (rotating radar antenna, luggage rushing on the bagage claim, vehicles moving on the apron …). Each part of the scenery is modeled on the basis of recent photos of the Moi airport (referring to the years 2011-2013) and therefore our FS scenery will be very realistic and updated to the “today status”.
Much work has already been done but there is still much to do. Here are some “work in progress overview” screenshots (details, trees and vehicles are ready but at this time not placed in the scenery …). Stay tuned on FSDeveloper and on our site www.albysimsd.hostoi.com for future news and updates !

Albysim%20mombasa%20HKMO_demo2014-03-01.jpg

Albysim%20mombasa%20HKMO_demo2014-03-02.jpg

Country
germany
Second that, a FSX Version would be great as hell! Africa coming to life finally ;) Great work!!

Country
italy
Hi Friends
A quick update and new screenshots from our Mombasa scenery. The release date is not defined yet because there are several things to fix and we work on the scenery only in our spare time, so we don’t know how long it can takes. Stay tuned for future news and good work to all other developer on this forum wich are our mentors and examples to follow.

Albysim_Mombasa_WIP-2015-02_pic01.jpg

Albysim_Mombasa_WIP-2015-02_pic02.jpg

Albysim_Mombasa_WIP-2015-02_pic03.jpg

Albysim_Mombasa_WIP-2015-02_pic04.jpg

Albysim_Mombasa_WIP-2015-02_pic05.jpg