• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Move Airport scenery issue

Country
sweden
Need to move an FSX airport scenery with ADE because RealTraffic land and t/o next to rwy and park positions are not where they should. It is possible to move the AFX file content without any problem by opening AFX_airport.bgl in ADE to a point defined with Google Earth, furthermore is it easy to adjust the rwy orientation the 1,5 degrees that is wrong but - parts of the scenery is not participating in the move and reaming at the original location. These objects for example airport buildings are not visible in ADE, however if I add these objects according to instructions by import and saving to the project before the move command I get double buildings… the remaining and the moved ones. This is quite tricky, how to avoid the original buildings at wrong location, what steps are needed to eliminate them?
Appreciate any help

Åke

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Are you removing/inactivating/overwriting the original AFX file? You can get duplicate buildings if it is still present.

You can easily change the heading of a runway, if the ADE/AFX runway is being displayed (i.e. they are not displayed as ground polygons or photoscenery).

Country
sweden
I overwrite it in the Addon scenery file in FSX, you mean it can still be active? How to be sure of avoiding that? And yes, as I wrote changing the rwy heading I managed to do and also improving the taxways etc. with Google Earth in the background. The remaining issue is that I need to move the whole airport approx 50 meter so that the parking position no 1 is according to Google Earth. After the move buildings occur twice….

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As I recall the problem with this is that there are several bgl file in the original package and any one of them could contain building placement information. If you followed previous guidance and imported all the other bgl files associated with the package into one project then you should remove all the original files when you compile your own. I think you are saying that you have overwritten the original airport bgl file with your new compiled file. It is really not a good idea to overwrite original files. Much better to import them into an ADE project and then remove them to a safe place outside the sim

As Tom says if there are any of the original files present after you introduce your own then they will display whatever they have which is why we remove them - not overwrite or delete them.

Country
sweden
The treatment of original files is not a problem, they are stored in a safe place outside FSX. I tried to create an airport projekt file loading all bgl incl. the original AFX as described, saved the project and compiled, placed this new AFX.bgl in the FSX folder after having removed the original AFX. That works fine. But after creating a new project using either the Rotate Airport or Move command the same procedure create a corrupt appearance in FSX i.e. most of the terminal objects remain but the "moved" terminal appear in the new correct position. These object are probably hidden somewhere else and not loaded via the AFX airport file? Or position is defined in a separate text file?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
they may be stock data then. Make sure you have a backup of your new project file. Then with the project loaded use Tools > Load Stock Data. Choose Scenery Objects and run the Load. Hopefully you will see the misplaced objects in the ADE display. Select each one you want gone and delete it.

Compile again and see if they are gone in the sim.

Country
sweden
The stock data occur and I can delete them, however they are not the problem after the move. Stock data buildings are quite simple ones, the airport terminal I have in place is a quite complex much like the one in real life. It is this building among other object that remain in place after a "move", but a identical building move so they occur twice...I guess the scenery is defined in a specific file somewhere where the object are positioned according to a text or xml. And I am not able to contact the constructor.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Go to Tools > File Priority Analyser. Make sure you have the check boxes set as shown below

1585898922425.png

Click Scan and wait for it to finish. Check the list to see what files appear in the list before your compiled file. If there are any then you need to disable them one at a time to see if they terminal is in one of them

Country
sweden
Yes-now it works fine! I had to disable all objects bgl´s and compile again.
Just one strange thing remain, opening the AFX program to view the AFX_bgl file in there, it do not correspond as it used to do with FSX, for example parking positions are not equal to the new positions ( with correct Lat/Long) despite of having this AFX file opened in FSX for the scenery. Peculiar. But in FSX it is (almost) correct. Some finetuning still...!
Great thanks for excellent support!
Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - that's good that it is more or less correct now :)

Country
sweden
Finally everything in place, even ILS and such fundamentals. The AFX story was explained by W10 Pro is tricky when it comes to rights to wright to a library, but found a way around it (Admin rights).
Trying to get a license as exploring 15-days expire create however a problem- Windows warn me for opening the link...why?
Åke

Country
sweden
Got it right now, no warning but two days ago I tried the link www.Scruffyduck.org aiming to pay for the ProKey and Windows warned me to continue, today however no such warning. Perhaps is it the .org it doesn´t always like. Or my firewall. But its fine now. Sorry.
Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No problem - these things happen