• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MS Flight to be released end of February

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes, 'tis true: on February 29th we can all have a proper look at Flight.

Release announcement

Meantime there's more screenshots to look at and another webisode. Nothing else to say for now... :(

Country
us-indiana
Admittedly, I have been out of the picture for a while, but I am not liking what I see with MS Flight. The only plane they give you is a Vans, with the option to buy only the Maule and a Mustang? Only Hawaii to fly around in? Obviously, no 3rd party development is a deal breaker...

No Cessna? It's not FS without a Cessna. And where's the Stearman they were teasing us with for so long?

No, I think I'll pass on this one...

Last edited:
Country
us-california
No Cessna? It's not FS without a Cessna. And where's the Stearman they were teasing us with for so long?

You get the Stearman once you sign into Games for Windows Live, which you need in order to buy add-ons. And since there will be add-ons, I wouldn't be surprised if a Cessna comes eventually.

Country
us-utah
The prices are higher than I thought they would be. No thanks I will use that money on some new scenery or a Carenado aircraft for FSX that actually has a cockpit view.

Country
us-indiana
Anyone have a guess as to how big the download is for the basic package, then for each plane, scenery, etc?

Country
us-northcarolina
What a nice day-early birthday present for me from Microsoft! I think a nice flight in my 737 in FSX will do! :D

Country
us-california
The prices are higher than I thought they would be. No thanks I will use that money on some new scenery or a Carenado aircraft for FSX that actually has a cockpit view.

Considering you can get one airport for about 30-40 bucks for FSX and about as detailed as many of the airports in Flight's Hawaii, 20 bucks for all of Hawaii in Flight isn't bad at all.

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Nopenopenope. Well, I'll still try the free version, but no way I'm paying $43 for the three addons they have at launch.

At that price, I could get FSX Gold, which includes 23 aircraft, 107 missions, the whole world, a SDK, and possibly most importantly, countless 3rd party addons- and still have $17 to spare.

Any PC should run that? Sounds good and if it runs on Linux, I might even buy this or that addon pack.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Flight is only for the Windows operating system.

Regardless of the specs they will post, it will require a 256 bit video card with at least 512k memory, and Shader 3.0 along with DirectX 9.0c capability. The CPU will likely need to be a multi-core running at 3.0 GHz or better. There may be memory problems with a Windows 32 bit operating system. A Windows Live! account is needed, and it may require an active internet connection to get the full experience of the game.

I just write this to let everyone know if your computer is a tad old, you may be in for a disappointment with this free flying game. In my case, it would require a new computer to run it well. Some people may be a bit creeped-out at the active connection to Windows Live! Microsoft actually wants a connection to your computer whether gaming or using Office programs. That's where the future is going.

At any rate, as they write, you'll get a flying experience... not necessarily a flight simulator... whatever that means. It could be a lot of fun, but perhaps not what traditional simmers expect.

As of yet, there is no word from Microsoft as to an SDK, or what such a developer SDK might include. So... as far as FSDeveloper goes, there isn't much to discuss. Other forums, such as AVSIM or FlightSim might be more appropriate/responsive places for Flight discussions, until such time as there is some need for 3rd party developer discussions.

Dick

Country
panama
Nopenopenope. Well, I'll still try the free version, but no way I'm paying $43 for the three addons they have at launch.

At that price, I could get FSX Gold, which includes 23 aircraft, 107 missions, the whole world, a SDK, and possibly most importantly, countless 3rd party addons- and still have $17 to spare.

$43.00 Bookaroos for a Free to start the river of dough??? and bang planes against floating coins and hear a "trickle" sound in the 1941 infamous island? No way!!!, like you say I can get the PMDG BAe JS4100 Turboprop for One $ more and receive a complete aircraft with all trumpets blowing, fly to Timbaktu then on to Moscow, making a bunch of stops and so on and so forth and never, never banging it on floating coins or light sabers!!!!! hahahahah, what a joke. Now I will tell my five year old super pilot grandson to download it in his 360 box so he can play with it, if not available for the box I´ll tell his father who flies RC Helis to get it in his PC and let little Enzo play with the Free job....what a waist of time....Seriously guys, we "developers" have absolutely nothing in that game, I insists that MS has Opened by loosing so many real simer Hobbyists--A Large window of opportunity--for Developers to take the chance and get real simers to pay our money where we like to and have been doing for over a decade....real Sim airplanes, super Scenery of so many wonderful places on earth, airports, sounds, great looking panels ( I use super nice 2D ones in my Only Gauges monitor of my cockpit I have been making for a while now using a USB extra monitor, planing on using one more 15" for the GPS only), Utilities, and so all the things needed to make our Sim as "worldly" as possible. I predict that most kids and game players Will download the free "Hook" and after three weeks trash it and it will just fade away in their disk..I know a lot of game players and they go for for ACtion!!!, fast cars in all kinds of roads all over the world, or dodging the cops...Killing monsters or dragons and collecting strange minerals in outer space, and don´t forget their love for War!!!!! shooting with all kind of lethal weapons...I want to see real bang gamer flying around an island collecting turning coins with a tinkerbell sound:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....enough of this. They advertise a bunch of mission too: I make Missions and upload them together with my Adventure Flights ( loose ones you can fly how you want and change routes if desired). Flights get downloaded three times more than the Missions, which after flying them once they become a bore since you can´t change them, ....enough of this too.....back to making some scenery needed in a Mongolian Expedition in 1938 which you will fly the best way you decide and with the plane you deside, ( got a Ford Tri-Motor??)...by the way were is the $43.00 price tag?, mucho money for that!!...I would be under my bed with all the negative reactions of it in Facebook and YouTube...Wow, never seen that for a game or even an ugly girl!!!!:)

Last edited:

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

We got all that already in previous threads, Gera. As Dick says, from an FSDeveloper viewpoint there's little to say unless an sdk appears.

@kdryan: you haven't missed much by being away, but search the threads here on General chat and you'll find enough of the talk about Flight to get a general flavour.

Country
us-alaska
I'm personally looking to switch to X-plane or Prepar3d. A Hawaii-only simulator isn't in my line of development.

Country
unitedstates

I like the way you think too, lol

Country
us-indiana
We got all that already in previous threads, Gera. As Dick says, from an FSDeveloper viewpoint there's little to say unless an sdk appears.

@kdryan: you haven't missed much by being away, but search the threads here on General chat and you'll find enough of the talk about Flight to get a general flavour.

I don't need to see any more. I'm out...

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Sorry guys.

As usual, Flight threads turn into Microsoft bashing and personal issues. Take it to another forum, please. We're here for developer content and issues. Thread closed.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.