• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SDK 0.6.0.0

I somehow lost all my textures or at least the albedo is not showing. All my buildings are showing as in ambient occlusion.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
After the update and the first restart of the Sim I had strange artifacts in the top-down view - that was also the case with the last update. I had restarted the computer and everything is okay again.

Reports of white textures on the MSFS Forum. Not sure in reference to what textures. One that the developer made themselves.

Last edited:
Reports of white textures on the Forum. Not sure in reference to what textures. One that the developer made themselves.
The ones I made myself, yes...

Restarted several times - no change. Even tried adding image to Normal in Blender and recompiling project.

Last edited:

Vitus

Resource contributor
btw. Did y'all restart your computer? The changelog notes that a restart is required. They might just mean the sim though.

btw. Did y'all restart your computer? The changelog notes that a restart is required. They might just mean the sim though.
Probably. I restarted my PC but still the same. I notice my custom ground textures are showing though but nothing on objects and buildings even the Emissive textures are not showing.

Probably. I restarted my PC but still the same. I notice my custom ground textures are showing though but nothing on objects and buildings even the Emissive textures are not showing.
I browsed through most of the available scenery objects visible in DevMode, and most of the objects/names that seemed user made was all white.

I browsed through most of the available scenery objects visible in DevMode, and most of the objects/names that seemed user made was all white.
I wonder if it's because of the texture type? I'm also using 8-bit color instead of 16 bit.

The flight model information has really been expanded. However the coding of the chm file has a lot of \ (back slashes) and it makes for difficult reading.

The metallic/comp textures should be 16 bit. 8 bit for albedo/normal is fine though. Maybe that makes the difference?!
I didn't know that. I thought 16 bit was only needed if you had alpha/transparency on your textures. I'll experiment with it.

Vitus

Resource contributor
It's in the SDK, in one of the material/texture pages. I was told that the reason for this is that when the textures are compiled, they apply some non-linearity magic to the comp/metallic map, which doesn't play ball with 8bit textures.

Is anyone able to add jetways to gates with 0.6? I'll try a 2nd reboot. Every time I try to add a jetway to a gate, the sim CTDs. Everything worked okay with 0.5.

It's in the SDK, in one of the material/texture pages. I was told that the reason for this is that when the textures are compiled, they apply some non-linearity magic to the comp/metallic map, which doesn't play ball with 8bit textures.
Unfortunately the problem still remains even converting all my COMP textures to 16 bit. I wonder what did they change that could have caused this?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
The new 0.6.0.0 downloaded SDK msi file now gives no option where to place the SDK. Defaults to C:\MSFS SDK