• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SDK 0.6.0.0

The only way around it is to add them to the <icao>.xml file with a text editor like Notepad++. Just use the coordinates of an existing gate parking spot then copypasta as many as you need. Don't bother editing the jetway coordinates in the xml file, just drag them around to the correct location in the SDK Scenery Editor. Here's what a jetway xml entry looks like:

XML:
        <Jetway gateName="GATE_C" parkingNumber="3" suffix="NONE">
            <!--SceneryObject name: Jetway-->
            <SceneryObject lat="42.74487613059216" lon="-73.80859590554985" alt="0.00000000000000" pitch="0.000000" bank="0.000000" heading="-179.999995" imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" snapToGround="TRUE" snapToNormal="FALSE">
                <LibraryObject name="{69F064B2-89B6-4AF7-960A-FF5584F71208}" scale="1.000000"/>
            </SceneryObject>
        </Jetway>

With 0.6.0.0 they fixed the error message one got when adding a gate type parking without a jetway. It was changed to a warning but in doing so, adding a jetway to an existing gate CTDs the sim.

With 0.6.0.0 they fixed the error message one got when adding a gate type parking without a jetway. It was changed to a warning but in doing so, adding a jetway to an existing gate CTDs the sim.
I don't even see the option anymore. I believe it used to be on the properties tab to "add" a jetway or simobject to the currently selected gate.

The only way around it is to add them to the <icao>.xml file with a text editor like Notepad++. Just use the coordinates of an existing gate parking spot then copypasta as many as you need.

Unfortunately I want to do this on a long dead airport and there's no precise location reference.

So it is possible an older version of the SDK won't crash when doing this? If so I'll reload that and try again.

Unfortunately I want to do this on a long dead airport and there's no precise location reference.

So it is possible an older version of the SDK won't crash when doing this? If so I'll reload that and try again.

If you use option 2 listed on my post here https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/msfs-sdk-0-6-0-0.449399/post-858464 you'll be able to do it. You can add all the jetways to the same location in the xml as long as you just change the gate number to correspond to an existing parking space. Then within the msfs dev mode you can position the jetways to their correct locations.

I'm afraid to install the latest SDK given all the issues I've seen mentioned about it... Is it worth it? 5.1 is compiling my airports just fine so far, am I missing anything by not upgrading to the lastest SDK?

cannot save after scenery install..I build the package ok,press save but a window opens asking where to save. All the tutorials after they press save it builds there package. What am i doing wrong.????
stewart haworth

What are you building?
For scenery, in the project window, I select the main project (blue text), in the inspector window you'll see your content info and at the bottom is "Build Package"... Press that...