• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SDK 0.6.0.0

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Interesting - It did for me.. There was a browse button you had to press. then I changed it.
I uninstalled it and re-ran the MSI file... and the Browse button wasn't grayed out, so I installed it where I liked this time. Not sure what the glitch was before.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
does it have any documentation? I am still showing 0.5.1 in the help?
The new 0.6.0.0 downloaded SDK msi file now gives no option where to place the SDK. Defaults to C:\MSFS SDK

I was able to change that Dick

Documentation is correct. I was having a senior moment

Country
unitedkingdom
I'm a bit wary of updating this. Unlike the sim they're not going to have very many people screaming at them if something's badly broken and fixes will be much lower priority. There's lots of flaws but I may stick with what I know as long as updating isn't mandatory.

Last edited:
It's a bug.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-sdk-update-0-6-0-0.449402/post-858347

BTW, Dick, you might want to merge these two SDK 0.6 threads.

I managed to get it to work in 2 manners:

1: Create a new Gate parking position, it'll have the "jetway sub-entry" bellow the parking name in the scenery editor list, where you can select it and in the properties you'll have to options add scenery and add simobject.
When you edit an already existing parking spot to be "Gate" it will not give you this option, so you naturally select "jetway" from the object list and this will crash the sim

2: Second option is top manually copy already existing jetways entries to your XML file. I found this to be faster than deleting and creating the same parking spaces again and again. I ignored the lat/long, they were all bunched up together in the same location, after saving the XML and loading it up in dev mode I was able to then reposition the jetways to the correct location.

Hope this helps

Country
england
Hello,

I just installed the new 0.6.0.0 SDK for 3dsMax and when exporting it cancels with the following message:

Export cancelled: Unsupported material type: FlightSim
System Exception: Unsupported material type: FlightSim at Max2Babylon.Babylon.BabylonLogger.RaiseError(String error, Int32 rank) at Max2Babylon.BabylonExporter.ExportMaterial(IIGameMaterial materialNode. BabylonScene babylonScene) at Max2Babylon.BabylonEx…

Instead of using my own materials, I then tried using materials in png format, from the SDK / Samples folders with exactly the same results -

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Pete.

Last edited:
Country
us-newyork
Thanks. I should have mentioned in this thread that those of us testing the ADE alpha are importing projects with just gates so option 1 is out. In the other thread I mentioned the XML approach as a workaround. In 0.5.1.0 the Scenery Editor allowed you to add the jetway entry to the gate. Then you subsequently added your jetway scenery object to the jetway entry.

Country
italy
Sim shows 1.9.3.0 on window frame, however the Help menu do not show any download link but only SDK Documentation item.
Anyone with the same issue ?
It seems it does not has upgraded to 1.9.3.0 correctly,
tia
/Mario

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sim shows 1.9.3.0 on window frame, however the Help menu do not show any download link but only SDK Documentation item.
Anyone with the same issue ?
It seems it does not has upgraded to 1.9.3.0 correctly,
tia
/Mario

Steam or MS edition?

Country
canada
For those of you that are gluttons for punishment here is the Flight Dynamics section of the chm file with all the LaTex markup redone to look correct. The pictures are missing in my pdf but I have indicated where they would be with "Figure - HERE". Still a bit of work to do for the really large equations. and the chart of properties, Descriptions, Measure.

It really is Rocket Science!

pdfsample.png

Edit: never mind - seems there is a html version of the SDK documentation and the Latex code formats the font correctly. So use the index.html in the MSFS/Documentation folder to see the correct display of fonts etc.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
hello,
MS edition via online store
tia
/Mario

Well I think this has appeared before but I do not recall if it was every fixed. You could report it on the official support site: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us You can also check there if it has already been reported. Have you tried turning Developer Mode off, shutting down and restarting and then turn Dev Mode on again?

Country
italy
thanks,
it seems upgrade to 1.9.3 was done correctly (checked file stamps on WwindowsApp protected folder), tried tp turn off dev mode, shut, restarted and turn on dev mode already, no success.
Issue reported on zendesk
/Mario

Country
unitedkingdom
You need to click the "Download SDK" item in the menu then run the MSI it downloads, that will update your SDK install.

Country
unitedstates
hey just to let you guys know....the SDK installer is now at 0.6.1.0.... im not a dev but thought i would let you know (updated today 10-13)

Release notes​

SDK release 0.6.1​

SDK changes​

• Documentation updates:
  • Added support for 3DS Max 2021.
  • Samples
  • WASM
    • Added partial GdiPlusMatrix implementation.
  • SimConnect
    • Fixed SimConnect_RequestFacilitiesList.

Developer mode changes​

• Project Editor
    • Added Build All & Clean All buttons.
  • Scenery Editor
    • Fixed polygons and rectangles not correctly filtered by package.
    • Improved ground merging parameter edition.
    • Fixed crash when adding jetways
  • Aircraft Editor
    • List is now properly resized depending on the name in General panel