• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 multi screens gauge

Country
greece
Hi everybody,

I am developing a new gauge with multi screens. So far, I managed to create each one of them and to "link" them to differend buttons, as you can see in "Mouse" area of my code. According to this code I can switch on and off each screen, but... when <!--ENGINE_SCREEN--> area is activated by clicking on it and then <!--FLAPS_SCREEN--> is activated by clicking on it accordingly, if I want to switch back to <!--ENGINE_SCREEN--> area I have to switch off <!--FLAPS_SCREEN-->...:confused: is there any way to manage that tricky thing? I mean each time I press the according button to have the correct screen appeared?
PHP:
<Mouse>

<!--ENGINE_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="168" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon02, bool) ! (>L:Dynon02, bool) (L:Dynon_EMS-D10_ENG,bool) ! (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10_ENG,bool)</Click>
      </Area>

<!--FLAPS_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="292" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon03, bool) ! (>L:Dynon03, bool) (L:Dynon_EMS-D10_FLAPS,bool) ! (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10_FLAPS,bool)</Click>
      </Area>

<!--FUEL_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="417" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon04, bool) ! (>L:Dynon04, bool) (L:Dynon_EMS-D10_FUEL,bool) ! (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10_FUEL,bool)</Click>
      </Area>

<!--HSI_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="541" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon05, bool) ! (>L:Dynon05, bool) (L:Dynon_EMS-D10_HSI,bool) ! (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10_HSI,bool)</Click>
      </Area>

</Mouse>

thank you in advance

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
You have four pages and four L:Variables. You really only need one L:Variable with four pages!

Code:
(L:Dynon,enum)

Each mouse "button" when clicked will set the page number desired:

0 = ENGINE
1 = FLAPS
2 = FUEL
3 = HSI

Code:
<!--ENGINE_SCREEN--> 
        <Cursor Type="Hand"/>  
        <Click Repeat="No">0 (>L:Dynon, enum)</Click> 
     </Area>

<!--FLAPS_SCREEN--> 
       <Cursor Type="Hand"/>  
       <Click Repeat="No">1 (>L:Dynon, enum)</Click> 
    </Area>

et cetera...

For each of your page displays, you need only use this one variable for a <Visible> condition:

Code:
<Visible>(L:Dynon,enum) 0 ==</Visible>

<Visible>(L:Dynon,enum) 1 ==</Visible>

et cetera...
By doing it this way, the four buttons can only call for one page at a time.

Country
greece
:)... ok Bill, I got it!

...code has been changed to:
PHP:
<!--ENGINE_SCREEN-->
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon02, bool) ! (>L:Dynon02, bool) 0 (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10,enum)</Click>
      </Area>

<!--FLAPS_SCREEN-->
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon03, bool) ! (>L:Dynon03, bool) 1 (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10,enum)</Click>
      </Area>

<!--FUEL_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="417" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon04, bool) ! (>L:Dynon04, bool) 2 (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10,enum)</Click>
      </Area>
<!--HSI_SCREEN-->
    <Area Left="541" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon05, bool) ! (>L:Dynon05, bool) 3 (>L:Dynon_EMS-D10,enum)</Click>
      </Area>
...and everything now is working like a charme!!!

thank you very much

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
You are most welcome. What is the purpose of these commands?
Code:
(L:Dynon02, bool) ! (>L:Dynon02, bool)
You are using them to control the actual button's animation?

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Yes, this is to simulate button pressing... :blackcat:

Okay, the reason why I was asking is that normally such buttons don't remain in the "depressed" position. They move in and then pop back out. Otherwise, after awhile all of the buttons will be pushed in...

There's a very simple method to have them automatically pop back out after depression by using the mouse flags:

Code:
<Click Kind="LeftSingle+LeftRelease+LeftDrag">
        (* depress button *)
        (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == 
              if{ 1 (>L:Button1,bool) }

(* auto-release button *)
        (M:Event) 'LeftRelease' scmp 0 == 
        (M:Event) 'LeftDrag' scmp 0 == or 
              if{ 0 (>L:Button1,bool) }
</Click>
The script above will depress the button with a left-click. If the button is released, or the cursor moves "off the button", the button will be released automatically. :cool:

Country
greece
Yes... I understand what you mean and thank you for the idea, this piece of code will be very useful for a button that someone would like to keep it pressed for a short or longer time, but I just want a button that can be pressed/released instantly like a honda's car engine starter...

PHP:
<!--BUTTONS-->
	<Element>
		<Position X="44" Y="564"/>
		<Select>
		<Value>(L:Dynon01, bool)</Value>
		<Case Value="0">
			<Image Name="Dynon_OUT.bmp" ImageSizes="95,85"/>
		</Case>
		<Case Value="1">
			<Image Name="Dynon_IN.bmp" ImageSizes="95,85"/>
		</Case>
		</Select>
	</Element>

<Element>
		<Select>
		<Value>(L:Dynon01, bool) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:Dynon01,bool) }</Value>
		</Select>
	</Element>

<Mouse>

<Area Left="44" Top="564" Width="95" Height="85">
	<Cursor Type="Hand"/> 
	<Click Repeat="Yes">(L:Dynon01, bool) ! (>L:Dynon01, bool)</Click>
      </Area>
</Mouse>

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Bill's code does work like a car starter button - press it and it depresses, then release the mouse button and it comes back up. Just like your finger on the car starter button.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Yes... I understand what you mean and thank you for the idea, this piece of code will be very useful for a button that someone would like to keep it pressed for a short or longer time, but I just want a button that can be pressed/released instantly like a honda's car engine starter...
But, that is exactly what I just gave you, a button that is just like "a Honda's car engine starter..."

That script is written to have the button "pop back out" as soon as you let go of it.

The script you are using will NOT do that. It is a binary toggle button. Click once and the button will press in; click again to release it.

That is why you had to add this bit of script to force the button to be released. While it works, the method I gave you is much simpler since it doesn't need this bit of script:
Code:
    <Element> 
        <Select> 
        <Value>(L:Dynon01, bool) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:Dynon01,bool) }</Value> 
        </Select> 
    </Element>

Also, rather than having so many <Element><Select><Value> sections, why not just use one <Update> section and put all of your logic in one place? It's much more tidy and organized that way, and you won't have to write so many unnecessary lines of script...

...plus you only have to look in one spot for your "logic". :)

Last edited:
Country
greece
of course Bill... it was just in front of my eyes... sometimes we see the tree and we loose the forest... as we use to say in Greece in such a kind of cases...:eek:

thanks once again for your accurate and fast help