Multiple AI in one parking spot

Weirder and weirder.

I changed the comms to have a tower only.

This is the assigned gate (which exists):

and this is the ATC conversation:

It never contacts ground :confused:

Hurray!
I decompiled it and deleted all stuff from the xml that FS9 did not like.
Then I loaded the xml in ADE9 to get a FS9 version for further tests and investigations. :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - I have added that to my list.

EDIT
That should be done. I think I have picked up all the places where NONE could get through and forced a change to PARKING

Last edited:
George, Ray, I may be on to something. I deleted ALL my taxiways and drew them end to end instead of section by section. I named them right after I drew them, but still frozen AI upon landing. I then added every COMM frequency I possibly could, no luck, added the fuel spot, no luck. But then I named several spots at random in each parking section GATE A, GATE B, and so on. AI now stops past the hold on exit, then proceeds to one of the named AND coded gates. If an AI is already on the ground and enroute to parking when those gates fill up, it will take a random spot that it is coded for. If an AI has NOT landed, it freezes upon runway exit if all the named and coded gates are filled. So I'll proceed to name all the gates and hopefully this will solve the issue. I will report back upon testing.

Tom,
it's nothing to do with the taxiways and paths, the problem is your parking spots, as i suggested in post 39
as Guenther found out your spots were all named "NONE" you cant have None!!!
When your aircraft reaches the Hold short ATC knows you have parking spots large enough, it then changes to Ground and among other things it looks for a path to this spot,
so it now sees all your paths and taxiways but as i thought it doesn't know what its name is because it doesn't know what "NONE" is, so it just sits there until it times out,
glad to see we are getting somewhere :)
might be a good idea to add letters to your taxiways

As an independent test, I have modified one of my small airports so that ALL parking is type NONE, saved and compiled (FSX).

Two AI aircraft arrived - one VFR and one IFR - in turn, both touched down and turned off the runway. They had been allocated parking spots by then and both advised to change to Ground frequency which they acknowledged. They taxied passed the Hold-short and stopped - with no further responses. Both 'States' had changed to "taxi in" which also had the effect that another aircraft, expecting to taxi to take off, was told to stop because of "other traffic". It was only when the 'stuck' aircraft timed-out and disappeared that the departing aircraft was advised to continue taxiing.

So it definitely appears that the NONE value for parking should never be used - it is probably a left-over from the very early days of this simulator. It appears that its use was for doing a calculation when allocating the parking position for arriving aircraft.

In case anyone asks - yes I reverted to my fully-spec'd version of the airport, repeated the same time slot and the 2 aircraft behaved as I would have expected.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks Ray

I have made changes to the current build I am working on to stop NONE being used.