• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Multiple airports in a single project file?

Country
peru
Is it possible?

I have tried it myself and only one of two airports appear selectable from the start menu , the other is removed from the icao list but it does appear (3d and data) once you load into the game somewhere nearby

Country
canada
I have 7 airstrips in one project file so far (more planned) and they all show up and are selectabel in the world menu so its very possible.

I'm wondering if you check the properties of each airport properly filled out? If memory serves (and it usually doesn't) there should be an option in the property panel to make it visible.

Country
canada
Yeah, definitely possible. I had 16 in mine (and everything worked just fine), before I split them into separate BGLs.

Country
france
Hi,
I did this but when I export, the project is split in different airports.
do you think it is possible to develop several airports in the same project, I mean to export in a single product with only one entry in the marketplace ?
Thanks

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi,
I did this but when I export, the project is split in different airports.
do you think it is possible to develop several airports in the same project, I mean to export in a single product with only one entry in the marketplace ?
Thanks
Yes. That's how the default BGLs are made.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It seems like maybe you are confusing the marketplace, with the Community folder. There is no reason why you couldn't combine multiple projects, into one product, despite how they present in the Community folder.

Bear in mind, that Community folder projects are supposed to follow the "xxxx-yyyy-zzzz" naming convention, so there is that added caveat.

Country
france
Thanks.
sorry Dick do you mean : yes, it is possible to develop several airports in the same project, I mean to export in a single product with only one entry in the marketplace (then how ?)
or
yes, the export will split the project in several sub products (that's the way it works)

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Are you asking if you can have multiple packages with a singular marketplace entry? Because you can have multiple airports in a single package.

Country
france
Yes I mean multiple airports bundled in 1 singular marketplace entry only using ingame devmode editors.
Outside the editor, I get the tricks
Thanks

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The airports need to be combined in a singular package. Each package has it's own marketplace data entry. This can't be done in DevMode, but must be hand edited, You can make each airport separately, and then add each airport XML to your custom PackageSources\sceneries folder.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Alain.

Attached is a project MauiProject. The airport XMLs are from MSFS ADE, They could easily have been made in DevMode. The project structure and XMLs were handmade with a text editor's help. All can be separately created via the DevMode, but the separate airport XMLs need to be manually placed into MultipleMaui\PackageSources\rhumbaflappy-multiplemaui\sceneries for this example. Just place the already tested airport XMLs into a single sceneries folder.

The project loads in DevMode and can be compiled by BuildAll. The MarketPlaceData is edited, saved and compiled in the inspector, not from the project BuildAll (something new I learned). The compiled project can then be added to the Community folder. I don't have a marketplace registration from Microsoft, so I leave that to you.

Attachments

• MultipleMaui.zip
    312.9 KB · Views: 116
Country
us-southcarolina
Hi Alain.

Attached is a project MauiProject. The airport XMLs are from MSFS ADE, They could easily have been made in DevMode. The project structure and XMLs were handmade with a text editor's help. All can be separately created via the DevMode, but the separate airport XMLs need to be manually placed into MultipleMaui\PackageSources\rhumbaflappy-multiplemaui\sceneries for this example. Just place the already tested airport XMLs into a single sceneries folder.

The project loads in DevMode and can be compiled by BuildAll. The MarketPlaceData is edited, saved and compiled in the inspector, not from the project BuildAll (something new I learned). The compiled project can then be added to the Community folder. I don't have a marketplace registration from Microsoft, so I leave that to you.
Could you share the "DATA" folder that you have to make the 3 Maui airports? I'm doing a multiple SPB project and can't get more than one to compile. Doing something wrong in that FSdata xml I Bet. /Doug