• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MV-22B Osprey (Release 1.0)

GHD

Country
england
CV-22B_BALING2_TETAP_SPEC.DDS this not much needed, it for blurr rotor rotation.

checking the package $FLIR texture are exist on zip file.

$FLIR.dds does exist in the texture folder, but the model is calling for it without the extension:

Country
indonesia
are you using FSX?

$FLIR is intended to be use in P3D as custom camera. in FSX is not supported.

edit: miss interpreted. $FLIR have no effect to FSX

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
If some of you wants to give it a try to one of the texture. Remember i'm learning and trying to do my best with what i know. If you dont like it delete it. If you see something wrong please let me know. Here is the link for the VMM-265-02 "Low-Vis"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDa9IjWMC5WcWhhTDNubTIxUjQ/view?usp=sharing
Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for releasing it. Can't wait to get my hands on the other beauties you have been painting. By the way, love the thumbnail. A real classy touch!

GHD

Country
england
are you using FSX?

$FLIR is intended to be use in P3D as custom camera. in FSX is not supported.

edit: miss interpreted. $FLIR have no effect to FSX

Yes, this is FSX and it is searching for $FLIR and not finding it.

GHD

Country
england
It asks once for the "spec" on loading and $FLIR when switching to VC view.

I have it flying but with no prop animation:

But on transition to the hover I get an uncontrolable roll:

I believe DaveG had this on occasion.

Country
indonesia
please read the manual.
in short,
you must change view to on VC ( virtual cockpit) first to make rotor rotate and check starter lever (at FLY position). this all about dll gauge that need sometimes to initialized and load properly.

roll uncontrollable is one of simulation, it call Vortex Ring State (VRS). it happen if nacelles on VTOL mode ( nacelles 83-97 degrees) and rate of descent more than 1500 ft/min. this VRS was the major crash real aircraft. it was the nightmare for real Osprey and we trying to simulate that.

please check on FSX.cfg at "GaugeDevDebug=0" or something like that, make sure has " 0 " zero value.

Country
unitedstates
If some of you wants to give it a try to one of the texture. Remember i'm learning and trying to do my best with what i know. If you dont like it delete it. If you see something wrong please let me know. Here is the link for the VMM-265-02 "Low-Vis"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDa9IjWMC5WcWhhTDNubTIxUjQ/view?usp=sharing

View attachment 33750 View attachment 33751

letourn, that was absolutely a beauty. Can you make more repaints of those stationed in Japan? Thanks again.

Country
unitedstates
I also wanted to share my video tribute to this awesome machine that I made a few nights ago. It's a music video due to the fact that all the footage is rendered via FS Recorder, and there is no audio otherwise. Make sure to watch in 1080. Thanks again to the team for making this beautiful aircraft possible!

Country
mexico
Awesome work lads, the aircraft itself is a real beauty; those videos made her even better!
:D

Country
indonesia
I also wanted to share my video tribute to this awesome machine that I made a few nights ago. It's a music video due to the fact that all the footage is rendered via FS Recorder, and there is no audio otherwise. Make sure to watch in 1080. Thanks again to the team for making this beautiful aircraft possible!

really, I watch this video many time. such a beauty video.

Country
unitedstates

Awesome video