• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MV-22B Osprey (Release 1.0)

Hi,

If you are interrested in an addon for this MV22B Rel1 package (Hoist operation support, inflight refuelling, tracking/locking AI aircraft, and more), read this post (and follow-up) on SimOuthouse ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104919-new-MV-22B-Osprey-is-released/page12

Designed, and intended for FSX-ACCEL, but most of it will work on P3D too.

Rob
Ha Rob i fly with the SIMAF and have worked with the real V-22 in miltary and civil , i would like to help test some of the new improvments please let me know if ican help
thanks jim thomas

Starting this repaint today. This was our "test bird" until just a few months ago, we returned it to USMC. Notice left nacelle inlet ;-)

76f6c23b24904ebb03c1f1324e19012e.jpg

hey guys I hope one of you can help me out I'm using the v-22 on prepar3d v3. when I start up and during flight the proprotors start to glitch as if I was getting low fps even tho I'm getting about 50 fps is anyone else having this problem or know a fix to it?

hey guys I hope one of you can help me out I'm using the v-22 on prepar3d v3. when I start up and during flight the proprotors start to glitch as if I was getting low fps even tho I'm getting about 50 fps is anyone else having this problem or know a fix to it?
Surely want to help, but I don't have a clue what you mean by "...when I start up and during flight the proprotors start to glitch..."
You have to elaborate more, either in words, or (as Heater said above) in a video if possible.

Rob

here's the video you guys asked for I thought it should be a lot smoother
I see now what you mean....
I think it's the same thing reported by other users in other threads, about the proprotor disc animation being "choppy" .....

@Maryadi:
Just a suggestion ...
What I think the problem may be, is that the proprotor RPM is calculated in the dll, and the animation code in the mdl code sets the rotate position of the proprotor discs at each frame, based on a value calculated in the dll.
Is that correct ?? And is that done via an Lvar ??
Because even the slightest variance in internal scheduling in P3D, between dll and mdl code, would cause this "choppy" visuals.
And if my assumption is right: wouldn't a proper "lag" in the mdl code (== smooth the calculated rotation angle from frame-to-frame) solve this ??

@Edward:
- You said your framerate is around 50 or so; but is it stable at that value ??, or does it jump around between 45 and 55 or so ?? Which would prove the above assumption.
- Just to diagnose the problem: if you limit the framerate to 25, does that make it look better ??

Rob

I think it's the same thing reported by other users in other threads, about the proprotor disc animation being "choppy" .....

@Maryadi:
Just a suggestion ...
What I think the problem may be, is that the proprotor RPM is calculated in the dll, and the animation code in the mdl code sets the rotate position of the proprotor discs at each frame, based on a value calculated in the dll.
Because even the slightest variance in internal scheduling in P3D, between dll and mdl code, would cause this "choppy" visuals.
And if my assumption is right: wouldn't a proper "lag" in the mdl code (== smooth the calculated rotation angle from frame-to-frame) solve this ??

@Edward:
- You said your framerate is around 50 or so; but is it stable at that value ??, or does it jump around between 45 and 55 or so ?? Which would prove the above assumption.
- Just to diagnose the problem: if you limit the framerate to 25, does that make it look better ??

Rob

@Maryadi:
Just a suggestion ...

@Edward:

Rob
It does jump around and I haven't tried to limit the frame rate I'll give it a shot

@Maryadi:
Just a suggestion ...

@Edward:

Rob
it looks the same if I limit the framerate it didn't fix it

@Maryadi:
Just a suggestion ...

Rob

no Rob, proprotor animation control using same frame rate as XML did, 18 hz. Yes, it done by Lvars
maybe I need to re-code about this proprotor animation rather than model file.

@Heater, many thanks for the video. that very useful to know what happening.

Hello Heater, I noticed in your video that you have scenery with V-22 Ospreys. can you inform me were i can find this to add to my FSX.
Terrain scenery is freeware from Blue Sky Scenery, and airport scenery is MCAS Miramar by Jim Dhaenens.

HI Arthur,
I have a skin for the Alphasim v22, but I was hoping Letourn or someone could make this paint for Maryadi's V22. I was also hoping for a fictional US Coast Guard skin. I am very thankful for the other skins the Letourn and others have put out recently. So I am not in a hurry. They are doing a great job, and it takes time. Much better than I can do so far. Ha ha.
Arthur, what was the interior of the HMX-1 like, Was it standard V22, or something nicer?

Back