• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

Country
unitedstates
Love the new update, especially with an area GPS! Works well with integrating flight plans and autopilot into the aircraft.
I do see some small bugs, or at least things that have not been addressed yet with it, like the texture is missing for the GPS (showing Pink checkered), and the map not working in the GPS. However adding our nav, ILS, and direct to waypoints works awesome!

The elevator trim has been dampened fairly nicely (I prefer it more sensitive, but I know a lot of people didn't like that). However due to this, it seems that the autopilot was not updated to be quicker for the slower elevator trim movement, and now shoots straight through altitudes before settling minutes later at the correct altitude. Even new turns to different waypoints completely throws off altitude hold as the elevator trim isn't able to catch up in time to compensate for the aircraft banking. This was only tested in conversion mode. It worked great previously before this implementation of dampening.

Country
unitedstates
Love the new update, especially with an area GPS! Works well with integrating flight plans and autopilot into the aircraft.
I do see some small bugs, or at least things that have not been addressed yet with it, like the texture is missing for the GPS (showing Pink checkered), and the map not working in the GPS. However adding our nav, ILS, and direct to waypoints works awesome!

The elevator trim has been dampened fairly nicely (I prefer it more sensitive, but I know a lot of people didn't like that). However due to this, it seems that the autopilot was not updated to be quicker for the slower elevator trim movement, and now shoots straight through altitudes before settling minutes later at the correct altitude. Even new turns to different waypoints completely throws off altitude hold as the elevator trim isn't able to catch up in time to compensate for the aircraft banking. This was only tested in conversion mode. It worked great previously before this implementation of dampening.
The GPS Texture bug should have been addressed already. Do you have latest version (v1.3.1?)
I'll take a look at the AP issue. A similar issue was fixed a long time ago so it should be a quick fix.

Edit: just fyi the AP is only designed to work correctly in APLN mode. It may not behave as expected in Conversion. Nothing changed there and indeed works just fine on APLN mode.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
The GPS Texture bug should have been addressed already. Do you have latest version (v1.3.1?)
I actually have 1.3.2, according to the Contrail application. It seems the issue was fixed after I updated the liveries pack, as an update was released with that as well.

I'll take a look at the AP issue. A similar issue was fixed a long time ago so it should be a quick fix.
Edit: just fyi the AP is only designed to work correctly in APLN mode. It may not behave as expected in Conversion. Nothing changed there and indeed works just fine on APLN mode.
Wow, for something not designed for conversion mode, autopilot has been working fantastically with the nacelles pointed above 0 degrees up until update 1.3.0! Yall should try and keep that convenience working for as long as yall can, until the autopilot becomes too complicated!

A little while back i brought up that the compass rose on the map on the "NAV" page of the PFD is off by tens of degrees, creating difficulting on situational awareness with the compass relating the map behind it. (Say i need to enter a remote desert landing zone at a specific heading. The compass is unreliable to orient the aircraft.) Note that the numbers displayed for the magnetic heading at the top of the rose is accurate.

See photo provided. Heading 300, the correct bearing of the aircraft, is offset by nearly 20 degrees on the compass rose.

Update 1: Upon further preliminary testing of the autopilot, HEADING HOLD, when at low speeds (below 160kts) the aircraft gently rocks left and right to maintain. It seems to go away at higher speeds, and lowering flaps appears to help (although on another note, full flaps gives hardly any extra lift in airplane mode, at least how much i personally would expect for 50 degree flaps. But does slightly increase drag.)

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    3.6 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Country
indonesia
check your map orientation, that set to track mode (TRK), but I see the issue there what "heading" should displayed, noted it
for autopilot on conversion mode, let me investigate it.

Country
unitedstates
check your map orientation, that set to track mode (TRK), but I see the issue there what "heading" should displayed, noted it
for autopilot on conversion mode, let me investigate it.
Wow, i really apologize. I didnt realize that button was working! The issue is fully rectified on account of user error! Should the number above the compass rose change to a tack course heading when TRK is selected, or stay the same like it does?

Country
unitedstates
should be that display same as orientation mode used.
In that case, it seems like the background map stays the same as HDG when TRK is selected, instead of the map orienting to the aircraft's track course.

but I see the issue there what "heading" should displayed, noted it
Thanks! So should the correct logic be that the displayed heading changes to display the track course number when TRK is selected?

Country
indonesia
In that case, it seems like the background map stays the same as HDG when TRK is selected, instead of the map orienting to the aircraft's track course.
this track course are less noticeable cause it came from some factor, like wind direction and speed, rudder input.
I don't know how to give good explain in English, but try to fly conversion mode, and fly diagonally (fly sideways) from you aircraft heading, you'll see obvious different.

Country
unitedstates
So for the Map display on the NAV page, when i fly sideways, the compass does indeed reflect the track course of which direction i am flying rather than which direction my aircraft is facing! However, the map behind the compass rose does not reflect, and remains pointing in the aircraft's direction, which means the map becomes useless to reference against the compass rose in TRK mode.

Now obviously this is a minute detail, and to be frank, you may have purposely modeled it this way, or possibly even the aircraft's nav map in real life just may behave this way.

If I may give my opinion though, it would seem logical to have the map reflect which mode its in (TRK or HDG), rather than the map possibly causing disorientation due to the compass rose being separated and offset from the map behind it.

For me, I have found a few times where i thought I was parallel with the runway on downwind legs, and end up being pushed towards the airport without realizing the NAV map i was referencing was not reflecting my track course. the aircraft symbol would appear to be parallel in the NAV map due to its orientation based on aircraft heading. Now, conversely there are ways to avoid that scenario, rather easy ones at that. But it does make the aircraft just that bit more of a convience in capability of spatial awareness on what the aircraft is doing to keep the pilot on their best mindset to operate this safely.

Just a small consideration. :)

EDIT: Upon further thought of my above paragraph, there could be instances where the map orienting to track course could be disorienting, especially in full hover with moments where the aircraft may be drifting side to side during corrections. Now yes, the pilot could switch to HDG mode to mitigate this, however during crucial moments where the pilot may need to be full hands on, it maybe difficult to switch.
An alternate option I thought of would be to possibly put an arrow or other symbol to reflect the direction of track course on the compass. Not only could that give a visual of how much offset there is between track course and heading on the compass, but the arrow/symbol could be compared to the heading-oriented map to determine whether the aircraft is on a track course towards a landmark or geographic representation shown on the map.
Both of these are just options, and both of them are just my humble, novice opinion on the subject :).

I did have a question on the CMV-22 NAVY model ( what a KICKASS exterior model by the way! I got to visit my friend who flies on that very model and you, Maryadi, as well as MILTECH, got the 3D details down to a T!). Is there a planned update to increase the fuel capacity for this model, as the real one does?

Attachments

• 20231221_134121.jpg
    20231221_134121.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 20231221_133953.jpg
    20231221_133953.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Country
indonesia
let me investigate about track map.

I don't have data for CMV-22 fuel capacity. is there any speed penalty due to additional tank capacity, fuel pages on MFD, etc.
it also create possibility to separate aircraft system not only livery like present setup. it many but I'll consider it.

texture are done by MILTECH, thanks to them.
thanks for the picture, first one are good detail. good reference to add more detail for the model.

Country
unitedstates
I don't have data for CMV-22 fuel capacity. is there any speed penalty due to additional tank capacity, fuel pages on MFD, etc.
it also create possibility to separate aircraft system not only livery like present setup. it many but I'll consider it.
The only thing i could find is articles are claiming the increased capacity is 50% more than the MV-22B model:

I want to report a minor bug with the estimated time to waypoint on the PFD when autopilot is flying to a waypoint. the minute number changes when the seconds number reaches :30, instead of changing after :00. So for example,it looks like 0:04:30, then the next time that shows is 00:03:29. If this is confusing, I can make a quick video.

In regards to the autopilot dampened in the last update, may I know the variables changed in the cfg so that i can personally revert the trim acceleration/effectiveness? I preferred the previous update where the trim was both quicker, and was useable in conversion mode. The variables I thought would change this do not seem to be working in systems.cfg or flight_model.cfg. Thanks! Gonna do a flight on VATSIM now!

Country
ca-ontario
I see a lot of activity in this thread recently and I don't think I plugged my Osprey mission here yet, in case some people missed it:

It's really about the flight plan, this takes you over some really cool scenery and gives you a bit of "lore" around it, so if you have 2 hours to kill on a challenging Osprey flight you should try it!