• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What specifically do I edit or is it in my case all the areas where I have 0.09?
As I said (depending if you now have installed the xml gauge for the original MV22B Rel2 package or the one from my Addon1), there's only one occurrance of the string 0.06 or 0.09 in the whole gauge.
Whichever you find, replace it with 0.29

Rob

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
Question (since I don't have P3D myself): has this bug been solved in all P3Dv4.* versions, or starting with P3Dv4.2 ??

Rob

I believe it was solved with v4.1. I remember we had to update our T-38A ADV and F-4E/J/S ADV products at Milviz since they use external flight models and were affected by this bug.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I believe it was solved with v4.1. I remember we had to update our T-38A ADV and F-4E/J/S ADV products at Milviz since they use external flight models and were affected by this bug.
Thanks Jon.
As Doug Dawson confirmed in another thread in the Gauges forum, I can use his XMLsound gauge to establish in my XML code if the user sim is P3Dv4 or not.
No remedy for P3Dv4.0 then, but my guess is most users will have upgraded from P3Dv4.0 to higher V4.* versions.

@Sean (d_stickman): when I have implemented this check in a new version of the VSTOL gauge, can you please test this for me in P3Dv4.2 ?

Rob

Country
us-virginia
Thanks Jon.
As Doug Dawson confirmed in another thread in the Gauges forum, I can use his XMLsound gauge to establish in my XML code if the user sim is P3Dv4 or not.
No remedy for P3Dv4.0 then, but my guess is most users will have upgraded from P3Dv4.0 to higher V4.* versions.

@Sean (d_stickman): when I have implemented this check in a new version of the VSTOL gauge, can you please test this for me in P3Dv4.2 ?

Rob
I’d be glad to help out with that and any other testing you may have.

Sean

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Problem is addressed & solved in a new version of the VSTOL gauge.
Sean, thanks for testing it !

Rob

Country
unitedarabemirates
Hi All !
Is there anyone that can give me hints on this: I followed instructions, loaded a B737 with engine running, left stabilize the whole stuff, loaded the MV-22 and tried to get a cold and dark startup from there. Once everything was off, I figured out I cannot switch the APU on. The switch turns but the light keep saying OFF all times, no matter what I do, it keep telling me the APU is OFF. I have FSX-SP2 (no Acceleration) and Win10 64bit. I used the Rikoooo package so the installer has set the panel file ALREADY to the 32bit version suitable for FSX. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong here....
Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Rhino

Country
unitedstates
Did you turn the battery on first?
Battery first, THEN APU. Then lights, then engines. Make sure Nacelles are at 60° or higher before you try to start the engines.

Hope this helps...
Pat☺

Country
unitedarabemirates
Did you turn the battery on first?
Battery first, THEN APU. Then lights, then engines. Make sure Nacelles are at 60° or higher before you try to start the engines.

Hope this helps...
Pat☺
Thanks Pat,
I did checked the battery was on before I turned the APU switch on. Still no joy...
I am concerned about the fact I have no Acceleration pack installed, has this issue something to do with that ?
Perhaps @kalong can give some hints on that ?
Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to contribute in the resolution of my issue.
Cheers
Rhino

Country
indonesia
Hi All !
Is there anyone that can give me hints on this: I followed instructions, loaded a B737 with engine running, left stabilize the whole stuff, loaded the MV-22 and tried to get a cold and dark startup from there. Once everything was off, I figured out I cannot switch the APU on. The switch turns but the light keep saying OFF all times, no matter what I do, it keep telling me the APU is OFF. I have FSX-SP2 (no Acceleration) and Win10 64bit. I used the Rikoooo package so the installer has set the panel file ALREADY to the 32bit version suitable for FSX. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong here....
Thanks for your help.
Cheers

Rhino
before all turning off (cold and dark), did APU can be turn ON?

Country
unitedarabemirates
before all turning off (cold and dark), did APU can be turn ON?
Hi Maryadi,
Thanks for your reply. No APU never came on since I had installed the plane. I tried to put it C&D to see if that helped but no joy. I only seen APU constantly off in all the attempts I have done so far. Another thing that I noticed but did not bothered too much is that not even doors opened but this might be something different. Not a major issue at present....

Anything to do with Simmconnect.dll or fsuipc.dll perhaps ?
Again, I am running under Win10 64bit and FSX-SP2 not FSX-A.
Your help is highly appreciated
Regards
Rhino

Country
indonesia
1. did you install Osprey manually or automatic (from installer)?
2. did you have latest Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015 redistributable installed on your system?
3. did turning On battery some lights goes up? is MFD working / it show something (beside black)?

Country
unitedarabemirates
2. did you have latest Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015 redistributable installed on your system?
3. did turning On battery some lights goes up? is MFD working / it show something (beside black)?

Hi Maryadi,
To answer your questions.

1. I have downloaded and installed from Rikoooo.com. They put together an installer which was easier. Installer was ran as administrator to prevent Windows UAC to deny write rights to any folder. I will remove the Rikoooo package, download the original package and perform a manual install.
2. Not sure, I will download and install the package once again just to be on the safe side.
3. With battery on all other systems are operating fine, no issues, screen are lit and button switch screen as normal.

Keep you posted
Thanks - Cheers
Rinaldo

Country
unitedarabemirates

Hello Maryadi,
Update:
1. I removed the Rikoooo package and downloaded your original pack from the Google drive link you have provided on page 1 of this topic
2. I had MSVS C++ 2013 and 2017 packages but no 2015 packages so I have uninstalled 2017 packs and installed 2015 packs (both x86 and x64)
3. Battery turns on and screen work fine as per previous communications

After all this.... still no joy ! APU stays off no matter what I do. I can send you the aircraft.cfg and the panel.cfg if necessary but these are the original ones out of your package, no modifications at all.
B737 APU is working no problems like any otehr APU on other packages I have installed. Not sure what else I can check for now.
Let me know what next please.
Thanks
Rhino

Country
indonesia
APU for jet is different set for turboprop, if you have any turboprop with APU installed, please check it.

please check in aircraft.cfg, it should have this:

[Auxiliary Power Unit]
available = 1

Country
unitedarabemirates
APU for jet is different set for turboprop, if you have any turboprop with APU installed, please check it.

please check in aircraft.cfg, it should have this:

[Auxiliary Power Unit]
available = 1

Hello Maryadi,
I have the RAZBAM Metro III which I have modified using the 'Bjoern' mod to add the APU. This one does not work either. The original install has a sort of GPU simulated which does not work properly, the 'Bjoern' mod adds an APU function to improve the ground battery life and as a matter of fact you need to add the [Auxiliary Power Unit] term in the aircraft.cfg. After this mod the STBY PWR button is supposed to engage a APU function which does not come alive exactly like on the MV-22. It sounds like I cannot enable APU on turboprops. Really weird, any idea of what can it be ?
Thanks - Cheers
Rhino

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I have the RAZBAM Metro III which I have modified using the 'Bjoern' mod to add the APU. This one does not work either. The original install has a sort of GPU simulated which does not work properly, the 'Bjoern' mod adds an APU function to improve the ground battery life and as a matter of fact you need to add the [Auxiliary Power Unit] term in the aircraft.cfg. After this mod the STBY PWR button is supposed to engage a APU function which does not come alive exactly like on the MV-22. It sounds like I cannot enable APU on turboprops. Really weird, any idea of what can it be ?

My name is not an alias and doesn't need quotation marks. :(

The APU works for me on the Metro and that's why I've added it in the first place. I also seem to remember it working in SP2, but I could be wrong since I've upgraded to Acceleration/Steam years ago.
So therefor, SP2 simply might not support the APU on anything else but jets. Could be that ACES implemented the functionality for the EH-101.
On the Metro, your only option is to use the battery and get the engines running as quick as possible (the next Metro upgrade will feature more realistic batteries).

For the Osprey, I am not sure what can be done. If bleed air is the reason the APU is required, Maryadi would need to implement an optional "no bleed" mode to start the engine with. For infinite battery, there's the
Code:
electric_always_available=1
line for the [electrical] section in the Aircraft.cfg or the "Infinite Battery" setting for FSUIPC as a workaround.

Country
unitedarabemirates
My name is not an alias and doesn't need quotation marks. :(

The APU works for me on the Metro and that's why I've added it in the first place. I also seem to remember it working in SP2, but I could be wrong since I've upgraded to Acceleration/Steam years ago.
So therefor, SP2 simply might not support the APU on anything else but jets. Could be that ACES implemented the functionality for the EH-101.
On the Metro, your only option is to use the battery and get the engines running as quick as possible (the next Metro upgrade will feature more realistic batteries).

For the Osprey, I am not sure what can be done. If bleed air is the reason the APU is required, Maryadi would need to implement an optional "no bleed" mode to start the engine with. For infinite battery, there's the
Code:
electric_always_available=1
line for the [electrical] section in the Aircraft.cfg or the "Infinite Battery" setting for FSUIPC as a workaround.

Thanks Bjoern,
I can apply the walk around to the APU by adding infinite electric code to aircraft.cfg, it might well be that Acelleration implemented the APU turboprop that wasn’t available on SP2. Only someone else which is using SP2 and MV-22 and/or the Metro III can confirm this....
I still have one doubt, I have always been suspicious about the possibility my simconnect.dll doesn’t work properly, do you think these issues may be related to that ?
Bottom note, I did not mean to use quotation marks in a derogative way, it was only to specify the patch applied, apologies if that gave you any inconvenience.

Cheers - Rhino