• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

Country
unitedstates
I assure you, the aircraft is powered on and running (battery, apu, avionics, etc. etc.).

Attachments

• 7c0f9d4bf04f3d6ca0760f6c9029769c.jpg
    7c0f9d4bf04f3d6ca0760f6c9029769c.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 682

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ahhh.. the non-lit buttons are just not functional (yet).

As to the rotor tip light: a little snag in the FlightManual (section 6.1.5.9)
- The LightMode switch is actually a three-position switch, which should be mousewheeled to top or bottom position (not: centered).
and
- The BladeMode switch should be mousewheeled to either in top or bottom position.

Country
unitedstates
I've tried every variation of the blade mode and light mode switches. No lights. I wouldn't come here posting questions without first trying every single switch position :p

Country
indonesia
@kalong @rcbarend Thanks for the help! I've got a friend who has P3D v4 Pro, but he's not seeing the Osprey under his vehicle list. Does this aircraft support the Pro version? Also, I noticed quite a few of the overhead panel buttons do not illuminate, and the rotor tip lights do not light up no matter the brightness, top/bottom, or norm/nvg options. Any fixes?

Professional version are same as Academic version it only different in watermark, as academic version has, pro is not, plus is has more feature but still same as basic, so it will work in all 3 version

Country
indonesia
I've tried every variation of the blade mode and light mode switches. No lights. I wouldn't come here posting questions without first trying every single switch position :p
yes, thanks. but we need to make sure then thinking what could be happen.

light mode should in NORMAL position
blade mode can TOP or BOTTOM

and it require electrical power, just check, battery ON, avionics ON, could be optional ON is generator and APU

Country
unitedstates
@kalong Check the video I posted. It shows that the aircraft is powered on with engines spooling, and light switches toggled in either position. Yet the rotor tip lights still do not work.

Country
unitedstates
There we go. They work when placed in "NVG" mode. Not Normal as stated in the manual. It also appears that the Blade mode (top/off/bottom) is placed opposite as well. When switched to the "top" position, it says (bottom). When placed downwards to the "bottom" position, it states (top).

Attachments

• OSPREY lights.jpg
    OSPREY lights.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 613

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I wouldn't come here posting questions without first trying every single switch position :p
That is not what your video shows. :p

But maybe the confusion is caused by the ToolTips being inversed compared to the printed text.
At startup, the LightMode switch is in center-position, but the Tooltip says: "Lightmode (normal)"
When you click the switch, it's animated upwards (to the Normal position, needed for the rotor tip lights to visible), but now the Tooltip says
"Lightmode (nvg)"

Same problem with the BladeMode switch: when it's rotated down (bottom position, showing the tip lights below), the Tooltip says "Blade Mode (top)"

Country
indonesia
I'll check that switch.
note:
I remember someone else ever report that switch do opposite way, I just can't find where it is. just want to know that there could be another issue.

Country
us-arkansas
GREAT Aircraft Kalong! Two questions, I have read your manual, purchased and read the Natops manual and cannot find any information on extending the refueling probe control location. Second question, why does no one model the crew chief in rotorcraft models? As a former CH-46 crew chief and rescue swimmer, I can assure you that without said crewchief, there is no answer to what's that noise? What's that smell? What's that red fluid dripping in my lap? Kudo's on modeling the liferaft, but how about breaking new ground in the rotorcraft community and model the crewchief in the next update.

THANKS!!!

Country
unitedstates
Kalong, rcbarend, and team. Outstanding work. Very smooth flying and the improvement to the blades spinning is outstanding. Now that VRS has moved to V4 and now your platform, I don't see myself firing up V3 anytime soon. Truly amazed at your progress with this project and it only continues to get better. All, thank you so very much for producing this amazing add on. I enjoy the HUD, but I need to figure out how to move it more center screen. I think I saw that on another thread, so no need to address here as I know you are trying to keep up with like 3 or 4 different forum threads.

again, outstanding work and thank you

Country
unitedstates
I always thought the HMD appeared on the left of the screen because it is on the left eye for the real pilots. Not sure tbh, never really researched it haha

Country
unitedstates
I always thought the HMD appeared on the left of the screen because it is on the left eye for the real pilots. Not sure tbh, never really researched it haha
You’re probably right but I’m running a 50in high def TV and the hud sits outside my normal line of sight. I have to look to the left corner of the screen. I’m sure each user is different depending on their setup. Very minor issue when compared to rest of aircraft and doesn’t effect my flying. Just a nice to have thing. Just need to do a little research.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You’re probably right but I’m running a 50in high def TV and the hud sits outside my normal line of sight. I have to look to the left corner of the screen. I’m sure each user is different depending on their setup. Very minor issue when compared to rest of aircraft and doesn’t effect my flying. Just a nice to have thing. Just need to do a little research.
In the panel.cfg, instead of
position=4
use
window_pos= 0.x, 0.y // Screen coordinates of the left/top of the window between 0.0,0.0 and 1.0,1.0
So you can position it at any place on the screen.
Rob

Country
unitedstates
In the panel.cfg, instead of
position=4
use
window_pos= 0.x, 0.y // Screen coordinates of the left/top of the window between 0.0,0.0 and 1.0,1.0

So you can position it at any place on the screen.

Rob
I went and removed the // from the window_pos= and used everything from 1.0,1.0 to 0.1,0.1 and the hud was still anchored in the upper left corner. I'm probably just missing something. here is the file from the panel.cfg. Thanks for the help.

[Window10]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
window_pos= 1.0, 1.0
//position=4
//alpha_blend=0.4
visible=1
ident=10050
nomenu=1
Type=SPECIAL
windowsize_ratio=0.565