• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
2017 can take the place of 2015. It is not a problem. There is something else at play here.

Country
indonesia
Hey guys, sorry about the late reply.
So in order for me to install C++ 2015 redistributable, I had to uninstall c++ 2017 x86 and x64. This worked and let me install c++2015. When I started up P3D, I received an error saying that I needed c++2017 installed. But when I did reinstall the C++ 2017, it uninstalled 2015! I attempted this twice.

It seems like I cant have both installed. I found this excerpt on another forum: "The Visual C++ 2017 RC Redistributable is a binary-compatible in-place upgrade of the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and shares the same registry keys."
View attachment 40923View attachment 40924 I just want to make sure that this isnt an issue Im having. Im pretty sure the displays are supposed to look like this. I just remember Maryadi saying that he might have a solution to dark displays when it is dusk or dawn. Now in my pictures it is midday, but the sun is blocked out either by clouds or shadow from the aircraft. The displays dont seem to have the "illlumination" effect created by LCD displays, and is a little hard for me to read the text. I was just wondering if Maryadi was going to implement anything for this. If not, its totally all good.

Have a nice Saturday guys!
OK. I'll do some update.

Country
indonesia
in mater gauge brightness:
today making try and error and hit the wall of FSX ( I test using it) limitation.
gauge screen can't use additive at emissive mode, the best mode is multiplyblend, which is multiplyblend doesn't render at day light.

so conclussion:
for user that use custom shader must aware that got darker gauge on gauge screen. custom at your best shader setting.

Country
indonesia
sample being update

daylight with knob set to DAY position

2018-4-8_12-28-59-780.jpg

night with knob at NIGHT position ( see PFD)
2018-4-8_12-29-36-360.jpg

night with knob at DAY position (PFD)
2018-4-8_12-29-39-900.jpg

Kekelekou

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello Kalong!

I have just had a short flight in your MV-22B. Thank you for sharing such an incredible addon!

Country
unitedstates
When I try to change "Hg" altimeter setting, it will not enter correctly on the screen when I push the "Alt" button. it enters a number about 10 Hg higher. Example, when I enter 2992 in the lower left using the TAB key, when I click on the "ALT" button, a different number appears (usually 30.12).

Appreciate any assistance and thank you for a great freeware aircraft.

Reggie

Country
australia
Hi , thank you for a great aircraft , I have a cockpit and use Spad.next to map all my controls and switches , I got the list of LVARS using FSUIPC , I am struggling to map the nacelles position to an axis , which lvar or control should I use , also there are a lot of L:V22AB0172 = 1.000000 (different numbers) is there a list of what they are??
Using P3D V4.3

Thank you...

Jorge

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
don't know that aileron trim button can change to axis. nacelles control directly from Avars, no Lvar used in it.
L:V22AB0172 is a boolean and it drive MFD system for display purpose.

by the way, is Osprey work good in P3D v4.3?

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jorge,

As Maryadi said, you cannot control the Nacelles via internal Lvar's, only via either AileronTrim events or SpoilerAxis events. (see documentation)
Reason is, that the related Lvar's are calculated based on a number of conditions. So you can't simply overwrite them.

Also: most switches and dials use Lvar's ; however, many of them are not simple on/off Vars that you can overwite.
Like: clicking a switch in the VC may not only change the related Lvar, but may be dependant on other conditions or generates other code as well.
In such cases you cannot simply set the Lvar to control a switch, because it may conflict with the standard code (causing problems).
As far as know, there is no list of Lvar's that you can set externally by using it's Lvar's, to simulate a "mouse-click" in the VC.

Rob

Country
australia
Maryadi and Rob thank you for the reply , I see I will try with the Trim or Spoiler Axis , ..also reading the manual !!! noted that the Auto NC was on so that might have limited the movement.
In spad.next I can program every switch or action to perform more than one function , say I could program the full stowage with one click ..: Rotor Lock delay fold horiz delay full stow . If I knew the result of each action (say an LVAR =rotorsLocked) I can use it to trigger the next action. .Spad.next is a very powerful tool.
To Maryadi , Osprey is very good in P3D V4.3 , the dust effects shows even on a RW ( dont know if it is OK), , had some funny actions of the nacelles bu I think it was due to my intervention with the Lvar L:NacellesAxis that I was changing without knowing the Auto Nac was on.
Will report back when I have the nacelles working..

Jorge

Country
australia
Good , after some testing I can rotate the nacelles back and forth with a SW in my throttle , how do the real pilots do it??.. is there a lever or switch??
I can hover and fly OK with Auto NC or manual , no problem , I find that I can still control the naccelles manually in Auto NC is that OK?
I could make a list of the LVARS numbered but it would take a fair while , I would like if possible a table of number to action , I see that the lvar I mentioned changes (BOOL) when both displays show NAV or not, that is OK , one that I would like to know are the OFF/NIGHT/DAY rotary SW for the turn on of the screens...

Otherwise the AC flies very well ... great job..

Also tried the Auto Hover , it is a bit touchy to engage but works OK , having to use the mouse to click on HVR CplD while hovering s a task!!!

Jorge

Last edited:

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Good , after some testing I can rotate the nacelles back and forth with a SW in my throttle , how do the real pilots do it??.. is there a lever or switch??
I can hover and fly OK with Auto NC or manual , no problem , I find that I can still control the naccelles manually in Auto NC is that OK?
I could make a list of the LVARS numbered but it would take a fair while , I would like if possible a table of number to action , I see that the lvar I mentioned changes (BOOL) when both displays show NAV or not, that is OK , one that I would like to know are the OFF/NIGHT/DAY rotary SW for the turn on of the screens...

Otherwise the AC flies very well ... great job..

Also tried the Auto Hover , it is a bit touchy to engage but works OK , having to use the mouse to click on HVR CplD while hovering s a task!!!

Jorge
- Nacelles control:
IRL, the nacelles are controlled by a rotary thumb wheel switch (springloaded to center) on the TCL ("throttle").

- AutoNAC:
In this (simplified) simulation, AutoNac Enabled will ensure that the nacelles angle will stay within the limits dictated by current airspeed.
See the "Conversion Corridor" picture in the FlightManual.
Note that the actual rate at which the nacelles can be rotated is limited by the code to 8 degrees/sec. As IRL.

- AutoHover: (see section 6.1.3.1.16 of the FlightManual)
When AutoHover is Armed (in a stable hover), you can activate HVR-CPLD by giving a ParkingBrakes command instead of mouse-clicking the HVR-CPLD switch in the VC.
That helps a lot ;)
As for AutoNAC, the AutoHover implementation is a simplification of how it works InRealLife.

Rob

Last edited:
Country
australia
Ah yes , I did not interpret the AutoHover and the parking brakes ...ja ja ...my parking brakes operate the Parking Brakes!!!I found the Lvars for the AutoHover so I am OK , also the Avionics Sw and the APU Knob.. all work fine ...

"IRL, the nacelles are controlled by a rotary thumb wheel switch (springloaded to center) on the TCL ("throttle"). " yes I set them to a 3 way sw in the throttle.

thank you for all your help!!

In case you did not know , Dino Cattaneo ( http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/ ) has released a free USSAmerican LHA6A carrier specially for the osprey and the CH-53!!!

Jorge

Country
indonesia
I have all list of all Lvars I use in MV22B, it is 500+ of Lvars. I can share some that have direct interface/interact to pilot/user.
beware that if you do wrong command to Lvars which is that Lvars controlled by dll gauge (some lvars has automation), it could lead drop of framerate ( due to event flooding) or crash. my dll gauge is so powerful to fight with Sim engine.

knob off-day-night, it has 3 position 0-1-2. each MFD has own knob. from far left is MFD1
MFD1 = (L:V22AB0024, enum)
MFD2 = (L:V22AB0049, enum)
MFD3 = (L:V22AB0074, enum)
MFD4 = (L:V22AB0099, enum)

Jorge
not technical, opinion only
for me, my self. I didn't like this auto hover. as table pilot what the point if I not fully control of my Sim aircraft (due to automation), beside that it is a challenge to stay still the aircraft. but :
1. it is IRL as I said in my MV22B dev thread to build this osprey as close as possible.
2. it was great achieving of us (developer) to create new program like in IRL that not provided by FSX/P3D