• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

Country
us-texas
What would be useful are 2-3 different saved flight scenarios in P3D with the proper saved states (.mv22 files).

A cold&dark state with wings folded, and maybe another with the wings unfolded, and ready to start up, etc. Another one with everything all fired up and running and ready to fly would be really cool, however I see in the manual that one should not try to save a flight when flying in VSTOL/STOL mode - this is not supported.

EDIT: @Heater has some great video tutorials on his YT channel so after watching a couple, I think I might be able to knock out a couple of these. Testing now.

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
actually, MV22 have it own saving system, it more custom, not predefine.
VTOL mode is a real time calculation. saving isn't problem, but how fast aircraft will ready at VTOL: Read the saving file, load into sim, read by dll gauge, sent to VTOL xml, calculated by xml, dll get feedback from xml, sent to sim, receive by the sim and aircraft already fall on the ground ( depend on height though). it not recommended.

by now, still focus on MSFS.

Country
us-texas
actually, MV22 have it own saving system, it more custom, not predefine.
VTOL mode is a real time calculation. saving isn't problem, but how fast aircraft will ready at VTOL: Read the saving file, load into sim, read by dll gauge, sent to VTOL xml, calculated by xml, dll get feedback from xml, sent to sim, receive by the sim and aircraft already fall on the ground ( depend on height though). it not recommended.

by now, still focus on MSFS.

OK, then that is good enough for me - I'm placing the aircraft on deck of ships, so it won't fall.

Country
us-texas
Quick question - parking brakes don't prevent the aircraft from rolling backwards. Is there a quick/easy fix to this?

Country
indonesia
it need investigate, cause parking brake are default. 2nd, VTOL gauge override it. make sure you have latest MV22B and if there available, latest VTOL gauge (special for MV22).

Country
unitedkingdom
Anyone able to do a raf Mildenhall 352nd SOW Repaint please

Attachments

• d6fbdbff2a50cc775018479946365446.jpg
    d6fbdbff2a50cc775018479946365446.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 289
Country
canada
If you need any help with the flight model for MSFS, I am glad to assist! The osprey looks great already!

Attachments

• Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Screenshot_2021.02.21_-_00.00.19.05.png
    Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Screenshot_2021.02.21_-_00.00.19.05.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 297
Country
unitedkingdom
If you need any help with the flight model for MSFS, I am glad to assist! The osprey looks great already!
Firstly, thanks for the helicopter!

I stumbled on this F-35B project, it has working thrust vectoring;

The problem is that you have to manage the amount of horizontal and vertical thrust independently of each other, rather than the ratio of each.
I may have been able to attempt such a gauge using the old XMLTools, but have no idea how in MSFS, I guess wasm is required?

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi 'Essex'

Referring to a F-35B is a bit off-topic (this thread is about the MV22B Osprey); so I'm a bit reluctant to reply .......
But I can't resist, sorry.

The problem with trying to model the flightdynamics of 'VTOL/STOVL-capable ' aircraft is, that FS9/FSX/P3D, and most surely, MSFS, don't have any notition of ' thrust vectoring / variable thrust direction'.

There are two ways to work around that:
1. Implement a new (gauge-coded, or whatever) flightmodel , that works around these limitations.
By completely ignoring the basic flightmodel of the sim., and code your own ...

2. Use the existing sim flightmodel, with solutions like tweaking like spoiler/flaps lift/drag, use 'dummy' engines, or whatever.
But that doesn't lead, and never will, to anything remotely plausible flightdynamics-wise.
For aircraft like Harriers, F-35B, Tiltrotors, and many more.
As is proven again by this F-35B in MSFS (with all due respect to the designer attempting to make this). It lacks any realisme .....

The reason why Maryadi's outstanding MV22B Osprey isn't available yet for MSFS, is that Microsoft didn't keep it's promise on backwards-compatibility (ie. using previous sim's flightmodels, XML codings and such )
Requiring detailled knowledge of XML and how convert that to C-programming (wasm) for MSFS.
And apart from that, knowing all the subtil differences and behaviour of events and variables, between FSX/P3D and MSFS.

That's why I object to your statement
""
"
No, it doesn't.
It's just able to more-or-less jump vertically off the ground.
That's all .....
This designer (again, with all respect for trying) is betting on the wrong horse; he'll never get it remotely plausible this way, as long as MSFS doesn't implement native support for 'thrust vectoring' (or whatever one names it).
And that will be years away, if ever .....

Just my opinion ......., for what it's worth ... LoL

Regards,
Rob Barendregt

Country
us-texas
MSFS doesn't even have helicopters yet. One person (in this thread actually) has managed to do a pretty decent one, as I am told, but it was obviously not something the sim or the half-written SDK supported (at all).

And, a year and half from now, when you've just managed to crack the work-around code and deliver your amazing feat of creativity, a true masterpiece, Asobo will roll out jets and/or helicopters... thus breaking your aircraft and requiring you to learn their new way, using the new MSFS tools, and go back redo it all. Sounds fun, right?

Country
unitedkingdom
That's why I object to your statement
""
"
No, it doesn't.
It's just able to more-or-less jump vertically off the ground.
That's all .....
I should have put
it effectively has working thrust vectoring

It does fly conventionally also!

from engine.cfg

Engine.0 = -20, 0, 0
ThrustAnglesPitchHeading.0 = 0, 0

Engine.1= -1.9, 0, 0
ThrustAnglesPitchHeading.1= -87.94902, 0

So if both engines are at 50% power, that is effectively approx 45 degree thrust vectoring.

Managing the two engines as one is the problem. Plus lots of tweaking.

Country
canada
I agree, having messed around with VTOL on the F35 using a combination of a rotated engine and a gauge controlling said engine, it sure is jerky. (Better than what FlightSimSquadron has done, with all respects)
Given time, with a wasm gauge it might be possible, but it will still be clunky.
I believe that thrust vectoring would be much more difficult to simulate compared to a helicopter.

Here is a video of it on an F35, by the guy who showed the VTOL concept to me. (If my game would launch, I would record a video of my adaptation for the MV22)

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
you will have the Osprey in msfs 2020 when it ready.
there many things not as my expectation in MSFS 2020. still have unstable on the core engine.
there still many simplify things happen in MSFS. in term of aviation engineer msfs 2020 still behind FSX.

Country
unitedkingdom
Given time, with a wasm gauge it might be possible, but it will still be clunky.
For anyone who wants to experiment, I have managed to effectively merge the two engines by customizing a UCR v0.1.22 plugin. The master throttle axis is multiplied by the thrust vector axis. Individual throttle axis's are the output, the lift engine is the inverse ratio of the main engine.
With appropriate other tweaks, this could work well down to a low airspeed.
pluginEdit.png
AxisConfig.png

Country
germany
As Kalong said MSFS didn´t appear to use thier mentioned new innovations of ,,realistic flight dynamics. Thats a reason for long development cirlce. If you can´t take it fake it^^ (external FDES)

Last edited: