• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MV-22B Osprey Release 3.0

Country
indonesia
yes I notice that, and it already fixed in my side.
plus I add new warn for engine management. interim power on PFD with %, it will change color: green, yellow, red and red flash.
green = normal.
yellow = high caution but still fine, just mind oil gearbox temperature.
red = you only have 60 sec (from start change color to red) before engine die,
red flash = you only have 30 sec before engine die.

Country
poland
Sorry but Id like to add few cents from my side ;). Just don't get me wrong. This is not a criticism, but a desire to improve the model (idea).

From what I can see, the opinions are somewhat divided (but not about systems but the external look). What is strange for me too (if I see screenshots), it could be a problem on external textures and most I just saw complaints about it. I dont see any lines, more noticeable by this bump mapping (the drawn lines enhance this effect) and others effects which should be present on external texture. This is strange for me as well. Too clean and no any lines. I saw the opinion that the model is great, but also that it should be free (of course not!) as it was for P3D. Small bump mapping is present but why not any lines, rivets, shadows of it? I havent idea. It looks like you use the same textures like it was in P3D which unfortunately put me a little off because the outside model looked too cartoonish in P3D times, like one molded lump from 3D printer.

Can you fix it? The external textures shoud have lines and small shadow effects, dirts and small scratches (it gives more 3D feelings of the shape of fuselage). See for example (you know it very well :)) Milviz external textures from every model. Here unfortunately this part is missing.

This is good example how Osprey looks IRL:

Near bump mapping model needs light grey lines with fake shadow effect. It gives more realistic look of the model.

Sorry :( for the opinion but I hope it gives some idea to improve external textures a little.

Attachments

• 1_0006_Layer-23.jpg
    1_0006_Layer-23.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 1_0012_Layer-17.jpg
    1_0012_Layer-17.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Sorry but Id like to add few cents from my side ;). Just don't get me wrong. This is not a criticism, but a desire to improve the model (idea).

From what I can see, the opinions are somewhat divided (but not about systems but the external look). What is strange for me too (if I see screenshots), it could be a problem on external textures and most I just saw complaints about it. I dont see any lines, more noticeable by this bump mapping (the drawn lines enhance this effect) and others effects which should be present on external texture. This is strange for me as well. Too clean and no any lines. I saw the opinion that the model is great, but also that it should be free (of course not!) as it was for P3D. Small bump mapping is present but why not any lines, rivets, shadows of it? I havent idea. It looks like you use the same textures like it was in P3D which unfortunately put me a little off because the outside model looked too cartoonish in P3D times.

Can you fix it? The external textures shoud have lines and small shadow effects, dirts and small scratches (it gives more 3D feelings of the shape of fuselage). See for example (you know it very well :)) Milviz external textures from every model. Here unfortunately this part is missing.

This is good example how Osprey looks IRL:

Near bump mapping model needs light grey lines with fake shadow effect. It gives more realistic look of the model.

Sorry :( for the opinion.
Hey rafisk,

Thanks for your feedback - and I fully agree there are texturing and modeling details to improve. The aircraft is still in active development (this is written in the product description) and one of the reasons why we partnered with Maryadi is to assist with modeling and texture improvements. The first update will focus on internal texturing first, which will come in 1-2 weeks from now. External modeling/texturing will take some more time, but will get done within the next few weeks.

Country
poland
Hey rafisk,

Thanks for your feedback - and I fully agree there are texturing and modeling details to improve. The aircraft is still in active development (this is written in the product description) and one of the reasons why we partnered with Maryadi is to assist with modeling and texture improvements. The first update will focus on internal texturing first, which will come in 1-2 weeks from now. External modeling/texturing will take some more time, but will get done within the next few weeks.

Ohhh, great news! Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it very much and I'm happy. 😍

Country
unitedstates
Congrats on the release Miltech. Enjoyed the trailer. I've added it to my list to purchase. I love the animations you have done with the bird, especially how she rotates her entire wing for space saving on carriers.

Country
indonesia
I trying to add flight planning system, hope this going as expected.
when this system implement, learning curve for this aircraft became more stiffer.

Country
poland
I trying to add flight planning system, hope this going as expected.
when this system implement, learning curve for this aircraft became more stiffer.
Nice idea! Direct from MFD in the model or as file import?

Country
indonesia
first plan is direct from MFD.
don't know yet about file import, it consider with how far asobo restricted dynamic data file in msfs.

Country
unitedstates
first plan is direct from MFD.
don't know yet about file import, it consider with how far asobo restricted dynamic data file in msfs.
Just want to say I love the aircraft. I never used it in FSX/P3D but since a friend of mine flew the CV-22 for several years recently I picked up more of an interest and I am so glad to have this new version.

I only do scenery development but for your flight plan import and avionics are you looking at the Working Title avionics framework? I may be mistaken but the way I understand it is that you can implement many of their features into custom avionics for whatever aircraft you’re working on. Just a suggestion as maybe it will help you? I may also be completely stupid about it because again I’m not an aircraft developer. But as a fan of your project and wanting it to be the best it can be I thought I’d mention it.

Thanks for your excellent hard work!

Country
poland
Guys. did you test the model in VR?

One issue is still present. Model in VR has wrong scale inside (Im sure 100%). It is too big, everything so in the total. Model should have -15% of current scale, something about it. In current version MSFS its possible to use scale so you can notice it (You can see this perfectly compared to other models, also default). Proportions, except of thrust manipulator look good, but the scale is false. About thrust manipulator - its too big in the model and looks very strange (vrong proportions), more like a big plate ;) than this real. But above all, I think that the scale should be improved. The effect is that we feel like a small child in the 747 cockpits, not MV-22. If you want me to test something and help in the VR range there is no problem, write to me :). Pls think abot fix the scale of VC. Unfortunately, this is a thing that causes me to discourage me a bit to this model and I only fly in VR.
1676710618605.png

the proportion of throttle:

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
if someone have a good and proper data dimension and willing to give it to me, I will be glad to update cockpit model.

Country
unitedstates
Guys. did you test the model in VR?

One issue is still present. Model in VR has wrong scale inside (Im sure 100%). It is too big, everything so in the total. Model should have -15% of current scale, something about it. In current version MSFS its possible to use scale so you can notice it (You can see this perfectly compared to other models, also default). Proportions, except of thrust manipulator look good, but the scale is false. About thrust manipulator - its too big in the model and looks very strange (vrong proportions), more like a big plate ;) than this real. But above all, I think that the scale should be improved. The effect is that we feel like a small child in the 747 cockpits, not MV-22. If you want me to test something and help in the VR range there is no problem, write to me :). Pls think abot fix the scale of VC. Unfortunately, this is a thing that causes me to discourage me a bit to this model and I only fly in VR.
View attachment 86550
the proportion of throttle:
We have an article on the forums discussing this: https://miltechsimulations.talkyard.net/-15/cockpit-proportions-in-vr-osprey
IMO cockpit proportions are correct:

1676737697255.png

1676737705679.png

The problem is that the MSFS Camera has a "Fish Eye" effect that makes everything appear larger and distorted from the position the pilot camera is placed. As soon as you move the camera and see the TCL from a different angle, you'll notice that the proportions look more adequate.

1676737743922.png

I don't currently own a VR headset, but I understand what you mean regarding the scale of the cockpit. I'll take a look at it.