• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS My Modified Airport Hangs Windows

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
I have no idea how to fault find this one. I've been adding taxi signs, correcting taxi path codes and finally, literally, changing runway characteristics for VASI position. ADE Alpha 19 compiles it normally, but when I run up MSFS and select the airport as the Start Point, MSFS goes through the usual loading sequence, for about 3/4 of the blue bar across the screen, then the music starts to get interrupted, then the cursor freezes and sometimes the sound makes a noise like an old dial up modem. At this point, the computer is completely frozen. Only a reset will resolve it. Deleting the custom airport returns things to normal.

I have examined the Export XML generated file, and there are no obvious glitches in the Runway Vasi section.

If anybody would be willing to test this airport on their computer, I would be grateful to know if this is a local problem with my setup. I am one of the many people who have problems with Microsoft Store not seeing Update Status, so I have to completely reinstall MSFS after every major update.

Attachments

• Corrections-to-Fargo_Backup.zip
    892.2 KB · Views: 84
Country
unitedstates
It won't load on my MSFS either. I have had this problem with my scenery file from alpha 19. I added some apron lights and didn't realize Jon had added the ability to adjust the spacing and it defaulted to zero. MSFS won't load a flight that includes loading a scenery with this zero apron light spacing. While this is not your problem, I guess the only solution is to make edits one at a time to see which one causes the problem as I did. However, I never had a problem with closing MSFS when this occurred by pressing ctrl-alt-del or clicking on the X when windowed.

Also, I am one of lucky ones who has not had problems with MSFS updates.

Country
us-northcarolina
If you added Apron Edge Lights check the properties for Spacing set to zero (0). ADE defaults the spacing to zero which causes MSFS to run out of memory. Try setting the Spacing to 15 or 20. I had this problem once and it took me some time to figure it out.

Country
us-northcarolina
And there they are!!!

1624662375599.png

1624662408622.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I know I need to fix this. Fortunately it is now a pretty well known problem with ADE 2020.

Country
unitedstates
I know I need to fix this. Fortunately it is now a pretty well known problem with ADE 2020.
I failed to see the apron lights when looking at the project backup. It would be nice to have apron lights added to the drop-down lists, including the spacing. They are a little hard to find in the raw data view.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I also found 2 types of problems using the DevMode. One is a taxiway path with a width of 0. Another type is several paths spaced less than 10cm apart.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I will force a check on apron edge light spacing and set a reasonable default for new ones or ones in the design that are set to zero