P3D v4 My taxi lines and skids are disappearing

My taxi lines and skids are disappearing from close distance but when i go to top-down view and about 3500ft with my aircraft the lines appear again.
Used GPW. any suggestions?
Thx for any help!

1554394982278.png

1554395040422.png

I have tried multiple layers and multiple compilers but never got it to work.

EDIT:
The taxi lines are at -5 and skids in -7
END EDIT.

Last edited:
Then how low are the underlying asphalt or concrete layers?
I normally start out with the bottom layer at -8 and then more negative (to be overlaying the base layer) and it never gave me any problems in v4.

PS: in the GPW for P3Dv4, do not check the 'Group Polygons' option.

Base layer -8 and everything on top of the base layer with 2 layers in between.
Make sure you write in the correct altitude and the coords of your airport, check 'slice polygons (100m)' and check 'prevent autogen exclusion' and compile for P3Dv4.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
I have tried multiple layers and multiple compilers but never got it to work.

EDIT:
The taxi lines are at -5 and skids in -7
END EDIT.
Can it be that the lines and skids disappear when you change the angle of view? There is this effect of the "viewpoint-dependent disappearance of objects", the problem exists already since the FSX.

Again and again, developers report being affected by this problem. You may be able to reduce the effect by moving the reference point of the ground poly in the 3-D software (set to the center y=0, x=0, z=0). But please do not confuse this reference point with the reference point of the airport in the ADE!

Feet or meters? From what I see in the png, your layers are not on the ground but floating above it and your ground model is above it as well.