Mystery camera views

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
I've been using Camera Position X (now v 1.15) for a while now to create consistent views for the planes I fly regularly. The program is a bit glitchy, but once the views have been created I've never had a problem with them. After the last time I used it, though, I suddenly have two camera views that I didn't create showing up in all the planes I've used this program with, and I can't find where they're coming from. I've attached the aircraft.cfg file from the Quality Wings 757, and it shows three VC camera views -- Pilot (VC Mode Only), Overhead (VC Mode Only) and Control Quadrant (VC Mode Only) -- and those are the ones I've been seeing up until know when cycling through the views. On the screen shot of the View Mode menu you can see the two views that have shown up out of nowhere -- Overhead and Pedestal. These are not being gotten from the CameraDefinition section of the aircraft.cfg. I also attached the camera.cfg files from the main FSX folder and the appdata/blahblah folder, and those two views are not in there either. Where are these two views coming from, and how do I get rid of them? Did Camera Position X screw something up, or is this problem unrelated to the program?

Thanks in advance for your assitance, and please keep in mind that my technical knowledge of these things is very limited. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Since I'm not a profound expert on FSX Camera Definitions, might the following Web-link can help you:

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/understanding-cameras-fsx/

Attached: I have found also a document giving some description regarding camera definitions. I hope this helps you to demystifying FSX Camera mystics!

Edit:
Since Camera Position X is fromLORBY-SI:

http://www.lorby-si.com/
https://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-cameraposition-x-fsx-p3d.phtml

I have found also two Videos from LORBY-SI which describes the function of this product for the intrested People:

End-Edit:

Attachments

Last edited:

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
I appreciate the info, Conrad. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to help me. I don't need more info on how the camera views work, I need to find out in which cfg (or other?) file these two mystery camera views have been defined. I've looked in all the cfg files mentioned and haven't found them. Can anyone else tell me where they might be hiding?

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
No, they are not 2D panels. They are VC views. There's also the fact that they were not there before and appeared on their own. That's what I can't figure out. :(

Perhaps in: "C:\Users\UserId\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Previous Flight.fxml"? Contains also some Camera Definitions!

Edit:
I found other files of filetype *.fxml" containing Camera Definitions!
End-Edit:

Last edited:

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
Oliver Binder, developer of Camera Position X, solved it. First he explained this...

"the cameras.cfg in the FSX folder is the original, the “template” that the simulator uses to create the “live” one in AppData when you first install the sim – or if you delete the cameras.cfg in AppData. This is a safety measure so the simulator always has a fallback option (but normally you wouldn’t make the template accessible to the user – strange choice by Microsoft)."

He also pointed out that the "mystery" views are right there in camera.cfg, entries 4 & 5, but I'd missed them. I deleted cameras.cfg and let FSX rebuild it, and now all it well. Pheww! :D