• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Mytilini Int. Airport-LGMT

Country
netherlands
This is a scenery I've been working on for a month or two now. It is a scenery of LGMT and also LG0D on the island of Lesbos(LG0D is a small military airstrip which is not used anymore but cannot be missed on the island). These shots are all W.I.P and are thus not even close to being the final result. Also these are rendered using an external application, in-sim testing has yet to be started.

11839511205_a13deac502_o.png

11839929164_86367c988e_o.png

11840352066_0283919f90_o.png

Any feedback is really appreciated. :)

Country
greece
Wow, it looks fantastic!! A really important addition to the Greek Airports collection. Are you going to do custom ground poly?

Country
netherlands
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I do plan on making custom GP but it's my first scenery so it will be hard.

Country
greece
If you think you need any assistance with the ground polygon, I can help you.
I have designed quite a few up to now.

Good luck with Mytilini, I'll be checking the progress! :)

Regards,

Petros

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
If you think you need any assistance with the ground polygon, I can help you.
I have designed quite a few up to now.

Good luck with Mytilini, I'll be checking the progress! :)

Regards,

Petros

I will send you a message if I get any problems, thank you very much. I've been testing some GP work and it looks like I get the basics. Hope to post some shots this weekend of the terminal progress.

Regards,

Brian

Country
netherlands
I've been working for 3 hours straight and made some progress. Started on the backside of the terminal as well as the fire station. Here are some renders:

11887060526_5f1ca33d55_o.png

11886652784_456ff28715_o.png

11886501213_456c47ddbc_o.png

11886234735_5baa45fb51_o.png

As a fun challenge I will try to make a sloped runway for Polichnitos, since it is an abandoned airfield and it has a visible slope.

Country
greece
Nice work.

If you need any real-world data (details, pics, data etc) you can ask me, I work @ LGMT's highest point ;)

Country
netherlands
Thank you very much for your compliments. It really helps keeping me motivated.

I don't use 3dsmax, I actually use Cinema 4D and Blender. I than export it as a 3ds file and use gmax to export it to FSX. The renders in the thread are rendered with ambient occlusion which I will bake onto it once I'm ready for the textures.

I am working on my first export and discovered a major problem. Some of the polygon's normals are reversed so that means the polygons are inverted(some polys are blue and some yellow, the blue ones won't show up in FSX as they are facing backward:mad:). I am fixing it now and development is going on. :)

Attachments

• 11907286254_e98b379838_o.png
    11907286254_e98b379838_o.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 799
Country
netherlands
Nice work.

If you need any real-world data (details, pics, data etc) you can ask me, I work @ LGMT's highest point ;)

Wow that's great thank you very much. :) I do need some pictures of the fuel station and the B-apron. I really appreciate this offer. I don't know if this is very hard for you but I also need some data of the airport lights because the data I have are old blurry charts and satellite images.

Country
greece
Let me ask you...how did you render your building so realistically?
I have 3dsmax but my renders looks like paper :(

Country
netherlands
My first ever work on groundpolys. This is really fun to do actually :). Still a lot left to work on but the first results are there. The terminal can be seen in the background and the export went very well, no loss in FPS luckily.

12054532576_fb94ace62b_o.jpg

12054077894_80440fb855_o.jpg

12054077174_8e7fb61c0d_o.jpg

12053976013_166e039797_o.jpg

It's not much yet but I'm happy to say that it does work.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Nice start! I recognise the feeling after getting your work into FSX and it proves working:D it's fun!

Keep it going!

Country
greece
Excellent Job!!

My suggestion for the ground poly:

You may try to add some more resolution and sharpness to the asphalt texture by adjusting the UV Map values. In other words, the texture will repeat itself more and it will appear as higher resolution :)
Also, make sure you are export your asphalt texture with Mipmaps. It will appear better in distance.

Otherwise, your work is totally awesome! Can't wait to see its progress!

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Excellent Job!!

My suggestion for the ground poly:

You may try to add some more resolution and sharpness to the asphalt texture by adjusting the UV Map values. In other words, the texture will repeat itself more and it will appear as higher resolution :)
Also, make sure you are export your asphalt texture with Mipmaps. It will appear better in distance.

Otherwise, your work is totally awesome! Can't wait to see its progress!

Thanks for the tip I will try it out, as for texture resolution: I discovered that I exported my 1024 px texture instead of my 2048 so that was kind of stupid :eek:(I did increase the UV values though for better texture resolution)As for mipmaps I don't really understand this. I checked the box for exporting with mipmaps(these where the textures in the screenshots) and when I tried them without mipmaps they looked far more detailed from a distance:confused: