Navaid ?

I've been showing a friend how to make his own airfields & how Ade works. This is in Vista.
In jpg.1 I've added ILS. In 2 is a view of the default EGET Tingwall. 3 is our airport so far. I've marked in red where the item seen in 4 appears.

I checked with ADE again for navaids but none appear. It doesn't appear in the default. Where does it come from ? Can it be got rid of ?

BTW I popped EGET it into my W7 & see no navaid...............

1.jpg 2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
What sim is this?

That is a library object, not a navaid. It comes from the default file generic.bgl. The object's name is gen_ndb01. It's an NDB transmitter installation.

Right, thank you. I now remember you telling me few years ago how to get rid of those huge Gothic churches with ModelConverter - I shall repeat the trick on this object. !

One more question though - having removed the object do I save the file via the Export scenery tab ?

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
I wouldn't remove it from the sim, it's a useful object (there should be one at every NDB location). I would create an Exclude All polygon in that area in ADE to Exclude it.

I removed the item, 033 & exported the file as Generic.bgl. I checked with ModelConverter - it's not there. I copied it to the Generic scenery folder. I rechecked with M.Converter & it isn't there. I'm stumped !!

It isn't in the Generic.bgl but still shows. I removed the object file from Tingwall's scenery folder & the only object I see is this unwanted gen_ndb01/033.

OK but I've made lot of airfields & never seen it before. What I'd like to know is how is got there ? Where does it come from ?
I've tried it as I've said in W7 & it's not there.............just in his Vista.

I wouldn't remove it from the sim, it's a useful object (there should be one at every NDB location). I would create an Exclude All polygon in that area in ADE to Exclude it.
I've added an 'all' exclude as seen here grab_002.jpg but the object is still there. I assume the exclude is big enough............
I added another exclusion polygon for the fuel point but it's still there. They don't work.
I'd like to know how these objects got there when I didn't install them .

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
In ADE
  • Load the project file
  • Go to Tools > File Priority Analyzer and set the checkboxes as shown in the example below. Then Click Scan
1589786577667.png

Post a screenshot of the results

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - for the avoidance of doubt this check needs to be done on the computer exhibiting the problem. It's not going to be the version of Windows but the setup of the sim and what addon files may be present

Good morning Jon,

This is FS2004, btw and the machine is running Vista I'm demonstrating Ade, etc on. It was mine & I gave it to a friend last year who thought he'd spend house arrest profitably. FS9 is as smooth as silk. Ade has been working on it for a long time.

You'll see the analyzer window doesn't include space to tick include scenery objects. I'm assuming it isn't ticked.

Terry.
grab_007.jpg

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - you are getting a crash as well. I don't have an answer to that. The missing checkboxes etc are probably related to your screen settings. v1.70 is an old version of ADE. The current version is 1.78 which I think will run on Vista but certainly not on XP. I am not sure how much more I can help

No crash. The monitor is a Dell widescreen running at 1920X1200 which is whatn FS runs at.
I copuld try the latest version...........

Do I understand you to think that Ade is resposible for introducing that item?

I've removed it from the default generic file but it still shows. I've tried EGET is 2 of my W7 machines & the items doesnt appear.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No - ADE isn't responsible. My guess is that there is more than one bgl file containing this object and it is loading after the bgl you create. THE FPA might find out which one it is. The fact it does not appear on other installations makes that more likely.

This is a standalone version of the File Priority Analyzer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3qr4ukd2didxix/SimpleAirportScanner.zip/file It should work on Vista. There are instructions in the zip

I assume you did not remove generic.bgl from the sim stock folders.

Thanks for the link.

I'll sweep with crossed fingers & get back to you.....................

1hr later: Before I used your Analyzer I did a search of FS2004 & found a copy of the generic.bgl in the same folder that I'd made before I removed 033. I put the copy in a folder to prevent reading & that worked.......no unwanted object appeared. Thank you - a lesson learned to disable a file !

I'm intrigued that it was loaded at all though. It wasn't there in the default Tingwall with 003 in the generic.bgl. I removed our EGET to check & it only appeared with the demo Tingwall we made was loaded.

003 is in the generic.bgl in W7 but doesn't appear when our own EGET is loaded.......

Thanks for your hekp.
Terry.

Last edited: