Need help in creating engine sounds for TU-154M for FS

Correct. I started with a constant pitch. I used the sound at full throttle from there I also modified the volume at critical points so that wind noise masked the engine sounds at cruise. You will see both pitch curves go from zero to 100%.
Have a look at these two images. One being the HP compressor and the other the LP compressor.
View attachment 24401
View attachment 24402

In the first image the green line represents the HP compressor. The top half being the volume and the lower the pitch. In the second image the red line represents the LP compressor. Again the top half being volume and the lower the pitch. The red and blue lines in the top image represent background noises at full throttle. In the lower image the green line represents engine vibration during taxi. The blue line is the famous RR Conway roar at full throttle.
Without FS Sound Studio you will have little chance of getting anything right. Even using it it took months of tweaking.
I didn't do until now something about the JET_WHINE, only the ENG_COMBUSTION because I think what the JET_WHINE does as I heard how it sounds from another sound packs is just give a noise not of the engine itself but from the result of the engine working. I don't know how to explain it in english.....
Still I think JET_WHINE and ENG_COMBUSTION cannot be recorded separately because in real they are combined together...
Maybe the JET_WHINE adds the vibration I am not sure.

But how only 3 files on each section were enough for you? Because I use now 9 different files.

Still I think it's not must to be also JET_WHINE because how I take the sounds from real videos, they are already have every thing - COMBUSTION and WHINE.

Now I became very confused. How can I know what I hear for example inside in real video if it's what you call HP or LP? First compressor or second compressor? How can I know what I hear? Because I hear the sound already combined together.
For outside I maybe can understand yes that the sound from the front differs from the sound backwards.
But inside?
I mean from outside in the front I hear the sound more like from inside, but from outside backwards I hear the sound not like in the front, it sounds like a noise of maybe something burning maybe combustion or fast speed blowing air...

So how can it be separated? For the internal sounds I can't do it, maybe if I could record the outside backwars sounds I could add the JET_WHINE.
Or it can be created artifically?

Cause I don't know exactly all the mechanism of engine and I think I am not must to know it to just create for this authentic sounds to sound realistic at all the way from idle thrust to takeoff thrust....

Last edited:
You just have to know your engine!! For example with bypass engines the HP compressor will always be the first to start. With the LP compressor catching up. In essence I used exactly the same sound for both but at different pitch levels for different speeds. So with mine you will hear the LP compressor picking up as the engine spools up to idle. I used the same sound for both simply because it is indistinguishable. It is the interplay of different pitches that give the correct characteristic sound. You'll never get it absolutely perfect. And, your final sound may not sound exactly the same as the original recording.

I only have three files because it has not been necessary to create start up and shut down sounds.

Last edited:
You just have to know your engine!! For example with bypass engines the HP compressor will always be the first to start. With the LP compressor catching up. In essence I used exactly the same sound for both but at different pitch levels for different speeds. So with mine you will hear the LP compressor picking up as the engine spools up to idle. I used the same sound for both simply because it is indistinguishable. It is the interplay of different pitches that give the correct characteristic sound. You'll never get it absolutely perfect. And, your final sound may not sound exactly the same as the original recording.

I only have three files because it has not been necessary to create start up and shut down sounds.
Thanks!
But I meant that I have 9 different files for the thrust itself, not including engine startup and shutdown.