• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Never ending story this MD-600N

Country
unitedkingdom
Seeing the great Vans 7 and the excellent work by Xpand today I got a wee bit dispondent to say the least..it seems like such a long road and I just never seem to get any closer to getting the model finished... it's been rebuild more times than I can count and even the payware company that took the project on gave up and handed it back to me...so here we go again :eek:

This is the current state it is in...modelling done...texturing not even started...animation not even thought about...

5998643733_93f48f2e9b_b.jpg

5999189030_d044bac645_b.jpg

5999189258_df3e9063b7_b.jpg

EW

Country
canada
got a wee bit dispondent to say the least..it seems like such a long road and I just never seem to get any closer to getting the model finished... it's been rebuild more times than I can count and even the payware company that took the project on gave up and handed it back to me...

Oh, I feel your pain ;)
Really you can't tell someone what it's like...if they've been there they know, and if they haven't they won't believe you.
I think you have to pace yourself. I always keep a small hand-written list of things to work on. Even if my task was just ‘make a new list’ - that was progress. But when I sat down I had one item I could work on. Without that the whole scope of the project will get you down…and you’ll have days where you don’t know where to start. Your model looks amazing…so you’re doing things right.

Country
nicaragua
I do agree with dmaher!
If I was to have that model on my hands I'd start texturing it right away and then add the details that I thought were more important. Though I'm not a very good example since my models aren't that good like the ones both of you do. Mainly because I might have got addicted to average polycount models and my computer is a bit, well, let's say, past it's golden age... The whole S-46N doesn't even exceed the 25k polys... :eek:

Anyway, I'd start texturing all of the parts that don't need remodeling! I mean, the model looks perfect nonetheless... I wouldn't waste time remodeling stuff too much.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you guys for that advice...yes I am at that point where I turn the pc on and off because I don't know where to start ..it all seems to get a bit to much.. but the list idea is good thinking..I will start with that tonight...thank you :) Head feels clearer already now that I have a plan! Thank you!