• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New 'addict' to ADE

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jon

Discovered your ADE a couple of days ago and I'm delighted with it. Things had got so bad with manually having to alter airports through the SDK that I've been seriously looking into learning programming to do exactly what you have done. My heart felt thanks and congratulations on what looks like a good substitute for 'AFCAD' and one that I'm growing to love.
As it's a work in progress I won't burden you with a wishlist but there is one little thing that I've noticed which I haven't seen anybody comment on. When I first saved an airport it saved in the addon scenery/scenery folder along with an .xml file, all fairly standard. Subsequent editing and saving resulted in no changeto the airport which prompted a little investigation. Ultimately I found that the save could only be effected by deleting the .xml file which was generated after each save. Not a big problem but one which you may be able to throw some light on when (if) you have some spare moments.
All the best and I look forward to any enhancements.
Colin_D

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Colin

Thanks for trying ADE. I'm not sure what could be happening I will take a look.

Country
unitedkingdom
correct positon of airport with photo scenery

hi there i have only just installed the airport design editor software but i have already managed to compile an airport that is not built into fsx the only problem i have is correctly locating it on the photographic scenery that i have installed is there a way that an area of either google earth or virtual earth or even better a screen shot of the area using fsx itself can be placed on the editing screen for correct alignment and sizing of runways etc when drawn, thanks for a really good and easy programme that us plebs can use, Colin

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
hi there i have only just installed the airport design editor software but i have already managed to compile an airport that is not built into fsx the only problem i have is correctly locating it on the photographic scenery that i have installed is there a way that an area of either google earth or virtual earth or even better a screen shot of the area using fsx itself can be placed on the editing screen for correct alignment and sizing of runways etc when drawn, thanks for a really good and easy programme that us plebs can use, Colin

Look at the tutorial on background images.