• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing Development Release 3.4.3.14(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 2.1.01 has been uploaded. It fixes several issues that escaped detection during beta testing. The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.00 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 2.1.02 Released

Version 2.1.01 has been uploaded. It fixes several issues that have been reported during the past couple of days. The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.00 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Version 2.1.02 has been uploaded. It fixes several issues that have been reported during the past couple of days. The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.00 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

GHD

Country
england
The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.00 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

Hi Don,

The automatic update didn't work :(

But the direct link did :confused:

Have you changed the update code?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
George, there must have been a "glitch" during the "download". I tested the automatic update immediately after release and again just now. It was fine both times. It's the same archive, whether you use the auto-update mechanism or down load directly.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Incidentally, the latest release is 2.1.03, not 2.1.02 as I stated in the announcement.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released version 2.1.04 to fix the cause of a possible exception when you compile a TTools flight plan set which has had its aircraft renumbered.

The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released version 2.1.05 to fix several recently-reported problems.

The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.06 to correct a reported problem to the effect that AIFP2 saved traffic files to Scenery\World\Scenery irrespective of the selected destination folder. This problem appears to be system-specific (I've never been able to duplicate it) and appears to be related to how NET/Framework sequences its processing of control events. Those users reporting the problem have verified it has now been resolved.

This version also contains a couple tweaks requested by AIG and fixes several other minor issues.

Hopefully, this will be the last release for a while.

Don

GHD

Country
england
For some reason half of my posts have gone AWOL :confused:

George, I can open the archive you sent me but most of the files were missing. WinRAR reports "unexpected end of archive.

The archive on the server includes all the files. That archive was compiled with WinRAR (as a zip). If the problem were with WinRAR, I'd expect it would be more widely publicized.

This is the same technique I've been using since Day1 with both AIFP and FenceBuilder Pro - using standard NET/Framwork web interface commands. That's 10s of thousands of downloads. And only two people affected. That said, however, it seems a consistent problem with those two people.

I wonder if it's something in your firewall/internet security that's doing this. Would you mind reverting to an earlier version of AIFP and disabling your firewall long enough to let the update auto-detect do its thing, please?

Don

I've tried it from 2.1.0.4 on my W7 machine and it worked fine. Both machines use the same router and there is no firewall active.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
For some reason half of my posts have gone AWOL
I just moved them to a separate thread with a more informative title http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22203. But, of course, moving after I last posted, you'd have no way of knowing. (A senior moment.)

I'll move this post there too, so please reply in that thread.

I've tried it from 2.1.0.4 on my W7 machine and it worked fine. Both machines use the same router and there is no firewall active.
Not sure what you are telling me here.

Don

Country
netherlands
Hi Don,
I downloaded the latest update (to 2.1.06) but after installation i still got 2.1.04
Any advise?

Regards
Bert

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
From where did you download it Bert?

The main archive file contain 2.1.06. Perhaps the download was not successful.

Don

Country
australia
I must say I have been using this tool to create traffic files for some time now and have been quite impressed by how well it works and how easy it is to use.

However, since updating to the V2.0 series, I have encountered a number of problems which I have not been able to resolve.

I suppose the main problem is that when displaying or working with flights which commence on a different day to the UTC day, the flight jumps to the next day when displayed in Local Time. This function worked flawlessly in V1.6 so something has been modified in this new version which has changed the way it works.

Secondly, I am unable to get the aircraft details to show when selecting 'Modify Selected Aircraft' from the Aircraft List in the FP editor. The detail is there however, when you select 'Modify Selected Aircraft' from 'Aircraft' on the tool bar.

Thirdly, the combining of the txt file and bgl file options has made the process of retrieving files longer when the two different records are held in separate areas. The last folder location is retained so if you retrieve a bgl after retrieving a txt file you have to navigate through the folder hierarchy to go from one folder to another to retrieve the relevant file. The use of two separate selection options in V1.6 made the process of retrieving the different file types much quicker.

Fourthly, having the full flight plan details appear when passing the mouse over the Flight Plan List is most annoying when you have quite a lot of large flight plans in the list. Turning off Tooltips does reduce this problem but they still appear if the mouse pointer stays in one place too long and are then difficult to clear so you can work on the flightplan.

There have been a few occasions where I have accidentally closed AI Flight Planner without saving my work. I know this is careless of me but can be quite frustrating when you spend an hour or so updating flightplans only to see your work disappear with a wayward mouse click. Would it be possible for a warning whenever you attempt to shut down the program with any unsaved changes?

I accept that some of these issues are down to personal taste, however I felt it appropriate to raise them here as others may feel the same way.

As I said earlier, this is an excellent utility and the issues I mention do not detract from that at all. I suppose these are just ‘nice to have’ points.

Graham

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the report, Graham. While the appearance of the flight plan editor has changed little from Version 1.6, the "innards" have undergone extensive change. And, unfortunately, in the process, I introduced some new problems.

I am working hard to eliminate those problems as they are reported. I will add yours to the list.

I'm happy to report that, thanks to the effrorts of a couple dedicated users, a number of issues involving local time and over-midnight flights had been identified and resolved. I will be making a new release in the next day or so. As for the remainder of the issues you identified, I'll get to those ASAP. (I'm off-line for several days starting later this week and I want to get the next release out before I leave.)

I encourage those who have notice issues in 2.1 that weren't there in 1.6 to bring them to my attention. They will be fixed - but only if I know about them.

In the meantime, for anyone who prefers the stability of Release 1.6 to the new capabilities of 2.1, version 1.6.35 is still available here.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
As for the remainder of the issues you identified, I'll get to those ASAP.
ggeccles, I thought I'd at least try to address your issues in the upcoming release:

I suppose the main problem is that when displaying or working with flights which commence on a different day to the UTC day, the flight jumps to the next day when displayed in Local Time. This function worked flawlessly in V1.6 so something has been modified in this new version which has changed the way it works.
As I suggested in the post above, I think you'll find the whole area of local time/over-midnight flights vastly improved.

I am unable to get the aircraft details to show when selecting 'Modify Selected Aircraft' from the Aircraft List in the FP editor.
Fixed

the combining of the txt file and bgl file options has made the process of retrieving files longer when the two different records are held in separate areas. The last folder location is retained so if you retrieve a bgl after retrieving a txt file you have to navigate through the folder hierarchy to go from one folder to another to retrieve the relevant file. The use of two separate selection options in V1.6 made the process of retrieving the different file types much quicker.
Hadn't appreciated this side-effect. 1.6 operation restored.

having the full flight plan details appear when passing the mouse over the Flight Plan List is most annoying when you have quite a lot of large flight plans in the list. Turning off Tooltips does reduce this problem but they still appear if the mouse pointer stays in one place too long and are then difficult to clear so you can work on the flightplan.
I've already chnaged the format of the flight plan tooltip to a more useful tabular format. I hadn't appreciated the tooltips were active even when deselected. Fixed

There have been a few occasions where I have accidentally closed AI Flight Planner without saving my work. I know this is careless of me but can be quite frustrating when you spend an hour or so updating flightplans only to see your work disappear with a wayward mouse click. Would it be possible for a warning whenever you attempt to shut down the program with any unsaved changes?
This is what is supposed to happen. Please give me a sequence of events where it doesn't.

I think you'll be much happier with 2.1.07.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just released Version 2.1.07, which fixes all recently reported problems. It also splits the file loading function into two: text files and traffic files - as was the case in version 1.6.

The update should be automatically detected by both Versions 2.1.06 and 1.6.35. If it is not, you can download it directly from here.

I expect to be off-line for most of the next week and unable to respond to any problem reports. So, just in case, you can still download:
  • Version 1.6.35 from here, and
  • Version 2.1.06 from here.
I appreciate that some of you have found AIFP version 2 rather "buggy". I assure you this wasn't due to lack of testing. AIFP was tested over a fairly lengthy period of time by over a dozen users.

I wrote the software, so I must take responsibility for the problems in it. But, in my own defence, about a third the 25,000+ lines of code in AIFP2 were new or changed in Version 2. I think with this release, AIFP2 is now at least as stable as 1.6.35 - the final release of version 1.

Don

Country
australia
Many thanks for your work on this Don. I for one will give it a thorough workout while you are away as I am currently in the process of updating most of my airline traffic files using this marvellous tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.