• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Introducing Development Release 3.4.3.14(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
ca-ontario
I have found a solution. I found an earlier version that works. So far I have 2 AI aircraft on my airport with no problems, and more pending. Thank you for your kind assistance. Frank!

Country
unitedstates
gadgets, think we can have a link to the dl site placed in the first post? had to browse 30 post to find it. might discourage some to look for it.
the links on the first few pages no longer work.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kevin, not sure what post you are referring to, but the download site for AIFP releases is always http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the AIFP page and use the Latest General Release or Development Release as desired.

Don

Country
unitedstates
Kevin, not sure what post you are referring to, but the download site for AIFP releases is always http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the AIFP page and use the Latest General Release or Development Release as desired.

Don

I know that, Im just saying I had to browse 4 pages of this thread to find where it was available. It makes it easier for people to have it in the first post, or add a Download AIFP thread stickied at the top of the main AIPlanner forum.

Its just a suggestion.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the suggestion. Usually this particular thread is used only for announcements. But a day or so ago, another user started a lengthy exchange, I inadvertenty replied on this thread and, as you can see, things got a bit out of hand.

In any case, http://stuff4fs.com is the home for AIFP, SAMM and my other offerings. If "it's" available, "it's" available there.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded Development Release 2.2.02(j) to http://stuff4fs.com.

It includes the following updates:
  • propery-sequenced tabs in the aircraft editor as well as shortcuts for all radio/check-boxes
  • option to rename texture folder when texture name changed
  • aircraft folders no longer expand when the purpose is to select an aircraft folder
  • extraneous "Do you want to save changes ..." messages upon closing the Aircraft Editor

Happy New Year,
Don

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Anyone who installed Development Release 2.2.02(l) yesterday should update to 2.2.02(m). The former has a bug in the Select Folder dialog.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
New development Release 2.2.02(r) just uploaded to http://stuff4fs.com.

While working another issue, I discovered that on dual Fightsim systems, certain Aircraft List parameters were not updated when you switched between versions. While this had no significant effect on AI traffic (which I assume is why the situation remained undiscovered for so long), it does affect the Traffic and Parking Analysis.

As well, AIFP now "remembers" when a file is saved/compiled using Local-Summer time. A message to that effect is issued whenever such a file is loaded and Local - Summer time is automatically re-selected.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Yesterday's Development Release 2.2.02(r) was flawed. It issued extranoeus error messages that aircraft had not been found (when in fact they had) and threw an exception when attempting to compile when the FP Editor was not open.

Both issues are fixed in Development Release 2.2.01(s).

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Development Release 2.2.02(u) just uploaded.

Until now, there has been no way - other than by file naming - to know that the times in flight plan/traffic files were for summer/daylight savings time. By placing a "flag" in the file, AIFP now remembers when a flight plan or traffic file is compiled/saved with summer time (i.e., when Local - Summer time is selected) and re-instates that setting when the file is (re)loaded. AIFP also alerts you if the Local Time settings are changed when a file is loaded. (This is something I started several development releases ago but wasn't able to finish due to other issues.)

Manually changing the local time settings of the FP Editor or use of the Advance to Summer Time/Retard to Standard Time features changes the "summertime status" of the file accordingly. If the FP Editor is not open, AIFP preserves the summer time status of the file unless changed using those Advance/Retard features.

This is the last change I plan to make prior to a new general release.

Have fun,
Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
At long last, I've released Version 2.2.03. It was meant to be just a few fixes for the outstanding bugs in the previous release. However, as it turns out, this new release has several significant enhancements. Please review the release notes.

The update 2.2.03 should be automatically detected the next time you run AIFP. If it's not, you can download it from http://stuff4fs.com.

mrcaveman, I was able to make the Collect Airports dialog resizeable in this release.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just uploaded Version 2.2.04. It contains a few fixes. (Please see enclosed documentation.)

Don

Country
unitedstates
Upgrade Ver 2.2.0.4

I was notified this morning of an upgrade and downloaded it and installed it. I now get an unhandled exception ( Invalid path) every time I try to do something. It seems to work ok but the notice is really distracting.
What did I do wrong?
Joe W.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Without seeing the exact message and knowing the circumstances, my guess is that your installed the new version in a different folder from the earlier one and then moved it. If so, delete the AIFP.ini file.

If the message has to do with IO permissions, and either AIFP or Flightsim is on your "C:" drive, you need to run AIFP as Administrator.

If not, please tell em the wording of the exception message and what were you doing/what screen was in view when you experienced it.

Don

Country
unitedstates
I installed it to the same folder as the last one. This is the message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.NormalizePath(String Path)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
at AIFP_2.MissingACs.ScanRepaints(Boolean bForceScan)
at AIFP_2.Main_Panel.Form_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AIFP2
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AI%20Flight%20Planner/AIFP2.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Country
unitedstates
Starting new traffic file

I have used this program before but it's been awhile. I can't seem to get new airports to show in the airports column. I have used the "edit/add airports" until I'm blue in the face and they still don't appear. I have read the manual about everything to do with airports and I still can't get them to show.
What am I doing wrong?
Joe W.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Joe, it would help if you told me what you are trying to do, what screen /dialog your are looking at, what data you've entered/file you've loaded and what buttons you are pushing.

Also, please start a new thread. I like to use this thred only to announce new releases.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.