• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 New helicopter AI in v4.2

Country
unitedkingdom
Has anyone figured out how to add proper AI helicopters routes in Prepar3D v4.2 please? Simple instructions would be much appreciated (wading through the SDK at the moment)!

Many thanks

Andy

Country
england
Has anyone figured out how to add proper AI helicopters routes in Prepar3D v4.2 please? Simple instructions would be much appreciated (wading through the SDK at the moment)!

Many thanks

Andy
Have you had a look over at Hover control website
Regards
Ian

Country
spain
I remember to créate a couple of routes for ai helicopters, these needed to be a special ones. I just found two or three of them. the .air file was modified to work as AI , and the route was created with Aiboatc but can't remember almost anything, it was a long time ago.
Edit: searching a Little there are a lot of ai helicopters but many of them are for Fs9 so could be problems with the textures. Don't know if AIBTC would work with p3d v4 someoe could say.
Edit: where I say AIBTC I meant Flight Planner. ¡¡¡

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Hi Andy,

Through simconnect, place an AI helicopter at an airport using the AICreateParkedATCAircraft. Once you do, you can send it coordinates and it will takeoff. I believe you have to use ClearDataDefiniton --> AddToDataDefinition --> SetDataOnSimObject for the helo objectID. I have tried it and it works great (using P3d v2.4 and SDK). You can also create the helicopter with the AICreateNonATCAircraft but beware that the aircraft will be spawned with the engine off and will literally fall out of the sky. Use the ENGINE_AUTO_START (through TransmitClientEvent) eventid to get it running. See the SDK examples to get started (Managed_AI_Waypoints). The CH53 seems to have better flight dynamics then the UH60 (less wobble).

Cheers,
Marc

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Marc,

Wow, that sounds brilliant! I reckon it'll be more than a week 'til I can try it, but I'm full of anticipation!

Andy

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I have created AI helicopters for P3D V4 and added them as traffic using AI Flight Planner and I noticed nothing significantly changed in implementation since FSX. AI helicopters will not takeoff vertically, but the air file can be modified such that they have a very short takeoff run.

lg7cKI0.jpg

Last edited: