• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New MS Flight Media Coming Tomorrow (Jan 4th)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
"The game will feature it’s own marketplace, with content regulated by Microsoft. There will be no scenery development kit and hence no user created content."

The key word in that is "user." Obviously there will be an SDK if for no other reason that developer wishing to participate in their "Marketplace" will need to have it...

As for "eating crow," that's not a problem for me. I happen like crow! They're just a little bit smaller than capons after all... :D

mgh

Country
unitedkingdom
No doubt there will be an SDK. But unless it's generally available outside of Microsoft and its selected partners, I suggest there will be no user created content.

Country
us-maryland
I'll be staying with FS9 and FSX.

Everything I've read and videos I've watched about Flight have not impressed me. Even with it being "free", you won't find me there...

Country
us-arizona
I remember when I put a house in the sim, made my own little cabin with runway in it. That was one of my dreams, a cabin in the woods with a runway.

The reason I purchased MSFS to begin with was that it came with Gmax. I wanted to make my own designs for it. I was going to buy another that day at BestBuy and decided to get FS instead as it had Gmax.

My boss, Dave Champion, years ago, once said, these times will not last forever. Enjoy them while they are here. I guess everything cycles.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Three Little Words...

Oh. My. God.

I may be permanently blinded now, for I have gone to the mountaintop, and beheld it in all it's GORY... (no, I did not mispell that!)

...and it IS a big steaming pile... :yikes:

I will say no more than :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Last edited:
Country
us-arizona
Oh. My. God.

I may be permanently blinded now, for I have gone the the mountain, and beheld it in all it's GORY... (no, I did not mispell that!)

Bill.... Are you trying to 'really' scare us?

:eek:

Country
us-northcarolina
Oh. My. God.

I may be permanently blinded now, for I have gone the the mountain, and beheld it in all it's GORY... (no, I did not mispell that!)

Im confused. Are you referring to Flight or...? :confused:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Yes, Microsoft Fright. The beta was released earlier today. While I honestly don't really care about their silly NDA any longer, I will not disclose any details about it until it's officially released.

However, I think my reactions have been made crystal clear. It's far, far worse than even the most pessimistic nay-sayers have been predicting.

Shudder! While the graphics ARE STUNNING, so too is a frozen dog turd if it's wrapped in shiny gold foil and tied up with a nice silk ribbon and bow...

...but we all know what happens when the contents of that pretty package begins to thaw.

May FS9 and FSX live forever (or at least until I hit my expiration date)!

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
From reactions I've heard from another beta tester (I didn't get selected but maybe that's not a bad thing) is identical to what you are saying. Nice visuals but the rest is horrible.. Fsx for me :D

Country
us-utah
Could this be the beginning to.. the beginning?

I haven't seen this much hate and disgust from a fan base about the release of a game in a long time. From forums to M$'s official youtube and facebook page, its bad. I have a feeling (but we can only hope at this point) that a few months after the release of FLIGHT Microsoft will announce FSXI built atop (the ashes) of Microsoft FLIGHT after it's not as successful as they had hoped. Don't expect a release until mid 2014 though.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes, Microsoft Fright.

Oh dear. I'll have to take your word on this for now, Bill, it's just very disappointing and all I've read from Microsoft yesterday is not reassuring. :(

I mostly work with Combat Flight Simulator 3, the last developer-supported combat sim from MS, which is 10 years old this year and still has active freeware developers... ! ... so if FSX still has lots of development potential (and it has) we still have many years of enjoyment ahead.

But Flight? Sigh. Someone pull the feathers off that crow, please; ackthwwpppt! :mad:

Country
spain
I understand they want to reach other markets, a total licit wish, the competition is hard. but I hope don't let Fsx dye

Country
nicaragua
Here's an excerpt of what ORBX said in a post at avsim forums:

"MS don't know what they have in the FSX engine source code, or they would not have licensed it to LM. It is by far the most capable and impressive 3D far-horizon engine ever coded - bar none. Nothing, even in 2012 comes close to the number of pixels and terrain the FSX engine can push at a locked 60Hz."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358739-since-the-cat-is-out-of-the-bag/

So I guess FSX still has a lot to give. And I mean a LOT.

A

amahran

What a way to kill a 25 year franchise, Microsoft...

...I'm going to murder someone... :)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I suppose the developers needn't worry about whether they'll need a new copy of 3ds Max now, or what the likely replacement for gmax will be... :rotfl: