• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New Phuket Airport

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Animated SODE jetways are now finished. Next is service vehicles and animation of vehicles.
Screenshot_20200211-110442.png

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Problems have been sorted out.

The specular and bump texture of the asphalt in P3D make it looks much better than the FSX one. The imperfection of the white strip on the runway has been enhanced by the bump map.

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 14_2_2563 14_09_36.png

The runway is much better with tire marks on it. You can notice that the tire mark has no specular light. So it cuts the reflective light over asphalt a bit. Looks like the real thing.

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 14_2_2563 14_53_21.png

Country
germany
Great work as always, Tic. Just on suggestion: Try to reduce the sun reflections a litte, to my opinion it looks a little like slippery ice surface (or a polished furniture surface) ;) , on the first and last especially.
But done this, it will be a fantastic ground for your Phuket!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Great work as always, Tic. Just on suggestion: Try to reduce the sun reflections a litte, to my opinion it looks a little like slippery ice surface (or a polished furniture surface) ;) , on the first and last especially.
But done this, it will be a fantastic ground for your Phuket!
Yes, I agree. I will work on specular texture more. Just only the beginning of doing ground poly, not final yet.

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
I like phuket airport it must be interesting to do I hope one day to have the level to produce it

Looking forward to this- I went with BDO's offering and have had problems. Would be very nice to finally return to a P3d VTSP!

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
OK guys, Dynamic Light in P3D. Almost there now.
P3d has some strange rendering on glass. I think the problem should be separately download later. Almost lost all the files while trying to change that. Sent to beta testers now. Should be around a week or so to hit the Simmarket.
P3ddynamiclight.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Tic
have you used sode conditional daytime low visibility lighting ...... they look that little better than you ZBAA's.
I forgot about low visibility. I will do that later. It is just light texture only. I knew what I should do without using SODE.
I thought about this thread: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-way-to-make-light-splash.273813/
The light planes will turn to white under low visibility without setting any thing.
BUT....
Unfortunately the light at the end of runway is green. It will turn white too under low visibility.
So, SODE is the way to go, no other options.

Last edited: