• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

New tool: Whisplacer

Hi,

I found on the Net Java version jre-1_5_0_14-windows-i586. The Java files I have are more recent ones.
Will Whisplacer work correct then ? What about two versions installed on my PC ? :rolleyes:

Greetz. José.

It's true, the naming of java is a bit confusing, otherwise if U have messenger I send the file to U, I have this file jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_JAVA JRE 5 but that wasn't the download name on the java site,..
https://sdlc5c.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=087FDAF430F96FC341D1C67C0FAEA110
It's the first one Jose :)
Seems like simconnect is the problem here, ipv6 or ipv4 is internetprotcol used in simconnect for communicating with 3th party programs,...
Maybe firewall, although its not connecting with the internet,...

Last edited:
Yes indeed, at first it was a direct link, I think it's the policy of the site.
The file u mention jre-1_5_0_14-windows-i586 is the correct one.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hava JRE 5.0 installed, but still no connection.

As I said before, there is a message below the display of Whisplacer saying: "IPv6 not supported, please ad an IPv4 block in simconnect.xml".
What should I do exactly, where to find... how does things look like ?
Damn I am getting :(...

Greetz. José.

Hi,

Hava JRE 5.0 installed, but still no connection.

As I said before, there is a message below the display of Whisplacer saying: "IPv6 not supported, please ad an IPv4 block in simconnect.xml".
What should I do exactly, where to find... how does things look like ?
Damn I am getting :(...

Greetz. José.

Jose here is my Simconnect.xml and the path to it. Hope this will help you to get Whisplacer working.

Attachments

• SimConnect.zip
    759 bytes · Views: 652
Hi,

Welcome to Whisplacer... so it works now. :)
Thanks for the file and guidance.
I saw in the SDK also a Simconnect setup file. As nobody said, have you run this file already... I was not sure if that would solve my problem.

Thanks for the file !

Greetz. José.

I have just started playing with Whisplacer 0.9 and is seems to slow down very quickly when I try to go to my planes location. So much so that after a few minutes it just stops and I cannot even close it down. I have to shut it down using Task Manager.

In Task Manager I noticed that java uses 1/2 a gig of RAM. I remember some years back that java would fill up with crap after some time and need cleaning. Might this be the case here?

I am using Win XP pro with latest updates running on core duo 2.GHz with 2Gb RAM.

Improvement suggestions:

Ability to add 3rd party objects. I really don't want to use generic objects to enhance an airport.

Ability to remove ALL background images. I mistakenly loaded a whole folder of google images and the higher definition ones were hidden by the low def ones. I had to remove each offending images manually.

An option to stop Tips from coming up all the time

All in all this program looks like it has a lot of potential, from the very little (and frustrating) testing I have had. Once the above issue are fixed, I would be very happy to send a handsome donation ;)

Hi,

Ability to add 3rd party objects. I really don't want to use generic objects to enhance an airport.

You can already import your own library object BGL, it is quite easy to do.

I have done a bit more playing and have found those options. Thank you.

Arno, you said it is quite easy to add my own models. Would you please explain how? The online instructions have not covered this yet.

BTW, I reloaded the program and it seems to be working a lot better now.

Hi,

Go to Tools -> Library Manager. There you can add new user library BGL files or even load single MDL objects into your XML file (the last will geo-lock them of course).

OK, I created a new folder and called it YWOL. So where is this folder created? I looked in the Whisplacer folder but could not find it. It doesn't even ask me to browse to its location. :confused:

"even load single MDL objects into your XML file (the last will geo-lock them of course)." I do have an MDL that I want to place into Flight sim. I don't have an XML one though.:banghead:

Any chance you could expand on your previous post please. :eek:

Hi,

You don't need the XML, because WhisPlacer is making that for you. It is really very simple. Create a new project in WhisPlacer or open your current one.

Then go to the Library Manager. If you right click on the User node in the tree view you can select to import a BGL file. Do that and browse to the folder where you have your library object BGL file stored. Or use the Insert Model feature and browse to the MDL file you want to have included.

I have gotten Whisplacer working now and have added my first object.

I am unable to find any hint on how to place anything other than the default hanger. No matter ow many times I select my shed, I can't place it. :(

I must be thick as a brick because every time someone brings out new 'easy to use' software, I struggle to get it to do anything.:banghead:

Thanks again for any help provided.

Hi Manfred,

Maybe this can help you:

"By default, the first object placed will be a large airport hangar. To speed up multiple objects addition, whisplacer does not ask you the type of object to add each time you click. It simply use the model of the last selected object.

Objects properties
Double click on the object you added to edit its properties. The properties box shows you a number of fields that can be modified to tweak the object placement. Perhaps the most important one is the type button that shows you a little image of the object (only if you installed the thumbnail package)

Latitude and longitude informations are editable, but you probably want to tweak them using the map view instead
Altitude is useful only if you want to have a
n object in the air. They can be defined relative to sea level or ground level using the AGL checkbox below

Keep Pitch/Bank angles at zero unless you want a wobbly object. The heading angle can be modified directly on the map view using shift + left button (see mouse shortcuts below)
The display properties are for experts only. You can choose the minimum image complexity at which the object is displayed, eg if you have a complex scenery where some objects should only be displayed on powerful computers
The object GUID is a unique identifier of the object using hexadecimal numbers. Use them only if you are experienced with such identifiers. Otherwise Whisplacer offers objects browsers more handy to select a specific object.
Attached objects? properties will be covered in a separate page."

Click on the image thumbnail to select a new object type. If the library was correctly initialized on first startup and you installed the thumbnail package, you should see a tree of all library objects available and images representing them. Select a new object and click on OK. If you made some custom objects using a 3D modelling program, refer to the library management chapter to use them.

Hely

Back