• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS New update, New SDK issues

Country
unitedstates
When a new update or hotfix comes out, I'm sure we all hope it solves the problems without creating new ones. However, that never seems to be. I can now use the editor again and see my projected mesh. The new issue is when building. The dialog box which tells you it's finished does not come up. This leaves my screen unresponsive, and I have to restart the sim. Anyone else seeing this issue? It seemed to have been corrected for a few hours on 09/16/2021 but has returned. (As you can see in the image you get the white semi-transparent overlay you would when you need to close a popup. No popup though)
MSFS-Build Error.JPG

Country
unitedkingdom
The build complete dialogue appears in the centre of the screen.
This would put it behind your console window.
I have resorted to opening the console window before I build, move it to low on the screen and then build.
This makes the build complete dialogue accessible.
Regards

Country
germany
I had this before the last two updates. Now it is working. The message is not shown in front, but it did not block the whole sim. Also this update was fast and without any problems. The update to xbox compatible version before destroyed everything. I had reinstall windows 10 and also newest xbox app. I bought DVD version but I downloaded all files (12 hours!!!!!!!!) from the microsoft store. After reinstall windows and fresh install from microsoft store, the updates causes no issues. BUT, Microsoft and Asobo are programming so messy, I expect it will crash in the future again.
That's the reason I like X-plane. Even after reinstall Windows I could start x-plane without any new installation. The same with DCS. All files in one folder, no spreading files in every corner of harddrives.
I prefer only software, which is clean and proper made. For example Blender, Gimp, Notepad++, X-Plane, DCS ...

Country
thailand
When a new update or hotfix comes out, I'm sure we all hope it solves the problems without creating new ones. However, that never seems to be. I can now use the editor again and see my projected mesh. The new issue is when building. The dialog box which tells you it's finished does not come up. This leaves my screen unresponsive, and I have to restart the sim. Anyone else seeing this issue? It seemed to have been corrected for a few hours on 09/16/2021 but has returned. (As you can see in the image you get the white semi-transparent overlay you would when you need to close a popup. No popup though)
I've had a similar problem when the console window is large like in your screenshot. It blocks the "Build Complete" pop-up. . Hitting the tilde ~ key will bring that pop-up window to the front so you can click "Yes" and complete the process. Hope this helps.

Country
unitedstates
My tilde key won't do it, though. I finally got smart and used the Windows 10 switch-task key combo (ALT-TAB) and held them while I used my mouse to click the X in the upper right corner of the small Console task icon in the list of operating tasks. This closed the console, and I could now see the (totally unnecessary, I must say) completion modal dialog box. Then I was back to working again.
EDIT: I just discovered that if I have the size of the Console set to outside the screen area (as I often do to see the full context of some of my stupider errors ...) that the modal dialog box is covered, and I have to use the method above to get to the box to close it. When I shortened the size of the Console to be wholly within the screen, the old behavior returned - the box was on top. Go figure.

Last edited: