• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA New way to make light splash.

Country
norway
My version of the apron lights still works fine in P3D v3.1, also in volumetric fog. But for one airport, I'm having a hard time how to make the lighting visible on top of ADE GP polygons.

Country
faroeislands
My version of the apron lights still works fine in P3D v3.1, also in volumetric fog. But for one airport, I'm having a hard time how to make the lighting visible on top of ADE GP polygons.

I have an altitude of 0.25 from base altitude for apron splash lights ''as I call them''
The lights that shine onto the apron from light masts.

Have no issues with them interfering with ADE GP polygons.

Country
norway
I'm (for now) not interested in the light splash in air. I simply use a flat gmax poly (as I described in this thread) for the aprons. But no matter what I do, it shows up below the GP aprons. Which exact method are you using?

Country
faroeislands
I'm (for now) not interested in the light splash in air. I simply use a flat gmax poly (as I described in this thread) for the aprons. But no matter what I do, it shows up below the GP aprons. Which exact method are you using?

I use a flat gmax poly as well and use a texture as light ''effect''.
I place the poly using Instant Scenery v3 with the mentioned altitude of 0.25 above apron.

I use most of the steps from here:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-way-to-make-light-splash.273813/

But made my own sets of textures and a bit different settings (work in progress).

Prepar3D 2015-12-24 23-30-31-32.png
Prepar3D 2015-12-23 18-01-16-69.png
Prepar3D 2015-12-24 23-30-15-34.png

Country
norway
Thanks for the tips, noted. And great work!

As I didn't much want to experiment (again)...I downloaded Horst18519's effects. And fx.Lichtkegel.fx works fine!

I placed the effects at 0.15m height with ADE, and set NoCrash, NoFog and NoShadow. Each effect is double. One has parameters DAY=0; NIGHT=1, and the other DUSK=1; DAWN=1. Working fine in P3D v3 with fog. :wizard:

I made a comment at the download page here.

Cheers,
:stirthepo

Last edited:
Country
faroeislands
Thanks for the tips, noted. And great work!

As I didn't much want to experiment (again)...I downloaded Horst18519's effects. And fx.Lichtkegel.fx works fine!

I placed the effects at 0.15m height with ADE, and set NoCrash, NoFog and NoShadow. Each effect is double. One has parameters DAY=0; NIGHT=1, and the other DUSK=1; DAWN=1. Working fine in P3D v3 with fog. :wizard:

I made a comment at the download page here.

Cheers,

Good to hear you got it working out now :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Regarding P3Dv3, I have trouble with this.
One airport that I did, VTBS, has no problem. Everything looks fine.
However, another airport WMKK, I have trouble with the visibility of the light. It has lower priority with ground poly. Another word, it cannot be seen on the ground poly. I need to find out what is the difference between these two airports.

Country
norway
What made it work for me was this. Note the two altered values. This lighting works on top of ASM based aprons as mentioned. I altered these values accordingly for my old apron lighting fx files, and now I can use all of it.

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=2.00
Display Name=Lichtkegel - (c) Flyways2005
Radius=250
Priority=0

[Properties]
Cockpit=1
VirtualCockpit=1
Spot=1
Tower=1
Map=1

[Emitter.0]
Lifetime=0.50, 0.50
Delay=0.00, 0.00
Bounce=0.00
Rate=1.00, 1.00
X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Drag=0.00, 0.00
X Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
Z Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
X Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00
X Offset=0.00, 0.00
Y Offset=0.00, 0.00
Z Offset=0.00, 0.00
Pitch=0.00, 0.00
Bank=0.00, 0.00
Heading=0.00, 0.00

[Particle.0]
Lifetime=0.00, 0.00
Type=19 --------------------------------------> originally Type=21
X Scale=150.00, 150.00
Y Scale=150.00, 150.00
Z Scale=00.00, 00.00
X Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00
Y Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00
Z Scale Rate=0.00, 0.00
Drag=0.00, 0.00
Color Rate=0.00, 0.00
X Offset=0.00, 0.00
Y Offset=0.00, 0.00
Z Offset=0.00, 0.00
Fade In=0.00, 0.00
Fade Out=0.00, 0.00
Rotation=0.00, 0.00
Ground Normal=1
Static=1
Face=0, 0, 0 -----------------------------------> originally 0, 0, 1

[ParticleAttributes.0]
Blend Mode=2
Texture=TR2.bmp
Bounce=0.00
Color Start=200, 200, 200, 50
Color End=200, 200, 200, 50
Jitter Distance=0.00
Jitter Time=0.00
TempK=100.00
TempRate=0.00
uv1=0.00, 0.50
uv2=0.50, 1.00
X Scale Goal=0.5
Y Scale Goal=0.5
Z Scale Goal=0.5
Extrude Length=0.00
Extrude Pitch Max=0.00
Extrude Heading Max=0.00

Cheers,

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
No, I mean the light texture method. Not the effect. But I think I will find the way out.

Country
norway
Yup - I have no sucess so far with the texture method on ASM based polys. Wonder if it is something with layering. I remember trying different layers, but now I cannot remember what program I set the layer with.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think (but haven't test that yet) we can do with the light as ground poly. Put it through ground poly wizard in MCX and do like the way we do with 3d grass. Then set it up as the number of layer above ground poly. It should work.

Country
belgium
I think it is the one that we use in this thread. Source and Destination Blend= one.
Thanks for sharing that it works in P3Dv2.5.
By the way, nice screen shot!

Hello Tic

Source and destination Blend = ONE are very good well if your custom Apron and taxiway polygon ground are make with the "wizzards", "ground polygon wizard" option about MCX !:)

But with this Wizzards option for make : apron and taxiway ... under FSX, we not have possible rain reflection on the ground !

My other choice are tried make my ground polygon,: apron, taxiway... without the Wizzards option in MCX, but make and export in MDL format ...
All are best for rain reflection and bump on the ground, but with this way, if I use for my light ...Source and Blend = ONE for the light texture ( edges, polygon ) over the custome ground, ... The texture light not show over my ground !:(

I look also for your explain method with destination Blend = One and Source Blend = Src Color ... with this option the polygon light show correctly over my ground (make with wizzards or MDL way)... I have also best result with good intensity light with Destination Blend = One and Source Blend = InvDestColor
BUT ... if the polygons ground export in MDL, if I use another option for Source and destination Blend = ONE ... I have a problem with Fog days or under DX10 ... with white texture appear by day time ...
Solution are possible ???
Thanks

light_underfog.jpg

Last edited:
Country
belgium
Under P3D V3 ...
I use the "ground polygon wizzards" option with the Bglcomp about P3D SDK kit for my poly ground taxiway, runway and appron ...and the attribute One and One for the destination and source blend for the light polygon texture ( edges, pylone ...) And, surprise, under P3D, all are best, I have rain reflection on my ground, and the light poly are very good tanslucent by day and fog and show correctly by night !

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
One to One recipe is still working, isn't it?
I am not quite sure that ground poly that has been put through "Ground Polygon Wizzards" is still contain new properties such as rain reflection. AFSIK, ground poly of FSX/P3D material needs to be mdl.
Enlighten me if I am wrong about the ground poly and MCX.

Country
belgium
With the new BGLcomp provided with P3D V3, the "Ground Wizzards Polygon" tool to do ground work very well, even for rain reflections management and other ... But Only under P3D
Under FSX, it seems that's to be the "BGLcomp" which prevents management thinking rain, not the MCX tool Wizzards.

Yes, one/one parameter are still working well for night polygon halo, but in this case I do not arive to bring up the bright halo above the ground textures if my polygone ground are make with MDL way, It show only if my polygone ground are make with Bgl way compile with the wizzards tool from MCX !
Wath's your recipe Tic for One/One about the blend halo and and Mdl ground ?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
With the new BGLcomp provided with P3D V3, the "Ground Wizzards Polygon" tool to do ground work very well, even for rain reflections management and other ... But Only under P3D
Under FSX, it seems that's to be the "BGLcomp" which prevents management thinking rain, not the MCX tool Wizzards.

Yes, one/one parameter are still working well for night polygon halo, but in this case I do not arive to bring up the bright halo above the ground textures if my polygone ground are make with MDL way, It show only if my polygone ground are make with Bgl way compile with the wizzards tool from MCX !
Wath's your recipe Tic for One/One about the blend halo and and Mdl ground ?
Thanks for the information. I will try that. I have the problem with ground poly made from FSX bglcomp too. I need to do in your way put it through "Ground Wizzards Polygon" tool.

Country
us-texas
Well, tried this method and luckily enough it worked perfectly on the first attempt, even with my own halo textures! Was so happy I even made a set of taxi lights using the same approach. I will now play with the amount of vertical planes on the splash, and the positioning relative to the light source (light bulbs!)

What an awesome thread!
splash_vqs.jpg