FS2004 Newbee Creating First Airport

Hi

I am a complete newbee when it comes to airport creation, but i am in the process of trying to make my own military airbase for FS2004 (using Airport design Editor). I have learnt the basics like laying runways, taxiways etc, but i am having real problems trying to add custom scenery objects like static military aircraft and hangers, towers etc.

Generic objects from the library files work fine, but custom ones will not show up in the library manager or on my airport when compiled etc, so obviously its something i am not doing correctly or maybe the wrong type of scenery file.

I have seen some really good examples of mility airbases such as mcdmil, that is the type of thing which i am trying to achieve.

I would be very grateful is some of you experts can point me in the right direction and also confirm that the ADE9x program is suitable for this task.

Many thanks
Darrell.

Model Converter X and Library Creator XML, are good tools to get to know if you are going to use custom models. Both are available from this site. Also, the ADE manual explains how to add objects for one time use if you do not care to add them to a library.

Bob

Dang, I just noticed you asked for experts to answer.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I would put those custom objects in a library, using Library Creator XML. I am not an expert on ADE, so I can't tell you how to import the library into ADE (but it should be possible). After that just put the library BGL and the textures in your scenery folder (together with the ADE BGL).

Many thanks for your replies

Model Converter X and Library Creator XML works a treat. Just need to brush on my airport designing now :banghead:

Do you want to build your own custom objects?
Since it's military....for fs2004

I think you need Gmax and FS2004 / gamepacks....Easy to make buildings and import into game.
AFCAD 2004 is what you want for editing the runways,taxi ways and parking. Very simple....

DG:eek:

Do you want to build your own custom objects?
Since it's military....for fs2004

I think you need Gmax and FS2004 / gamepacks....Easy to make buildings and import into game.
AFCAD 2004 is what you want for editing the runways,taxi ways and parking. Very simple....

DG:eek:
Thanks for reply Delivery Guy,

No my main problem was just getting the addon scenery objects to work in FS2004. With help from the above replies, i got more idea of what i am doing now. I will be intending to make my own in the near future so will have a look at the ones you mentioned as well.

Regards.

n4gix

Resource contributor
AFCAD 2004 is obsolete technology...

A much better choice is ADE9X, which is currently being actively supported, constantly improved, and can do quite a bit more than any other program...

...best of all, it's free to use! :D