• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi all!

The developer Manfred Siedler - the maker behind SimDocks.de - develops a new Hamburg Alster-scenery. Thus, the Jungfernstieg in Hamburg is already completed in large parts, the Ballindamm and some ferry boats have already been completed. In order to give the Jungfernstieg a much more liveliness, 34 animated persons were installed in the scenery. It is the Living People of Bahrometrix. This is now the second project on which Manfred and I work together.

Now enough of the many words, here a few pictures from the current development process ...

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_3.jpg

The Hamburg Jungfernstieg at night with dynamic lighting

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_4.jpg

Waiting Living People (animatied) at the ferry dock

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_7.jpg

The promenade at Jungfernstieg - with many animated Living People

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_1.jpg

Two friendly women are sitting at the Jungfernstieg

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_10.jpg

A jogger at the Ballindamm in the evening

simdocks_bahrometrix_living_people_9.jpg

Very many details have been installed in the scenery

Country
germany
Thank you Christian for the many pictures. But moving pictures say more than statics.
That is why we have create a short development video showing the current state of the scenery and, of course, the "Living People". In addition, you can also see in the video that even the exertsive use of "Dynamic lights" does not necessarily lead to frame drops.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Judging from their expressions and postures, that guy trying to flirt with the two girls won't get very far.

Country
azerbaijan
Looks outstanding indeed! Guys, sorry for my 'Aerosoft OMSI language' pushing the flight-sim into the limits but I wonder if you plan to turn the buses into AI planes with flight plans so that they can occasionally stop at the bus-stops and carry on after getting the pax on... :D

:DHi,

Looks really more lifelike than most of the sceneries but what my former clients (and maybe some of your prospective buyers;)) are probably missing in order to get really interested or to remember their guided (by me :)) trip to Hamburg is probably the Reeperbahn. I had to spend hours waiting for them to show up again. The really funny thing afterwards, once I had collected them and back in my car, was that I had to stop halfway up to Neumünster, to let them out to go to the toilet:(!
So I'd suggest you use your talent of making animated people to also include some versions of them that would fit in there!
It sometimes takes more than just focusing on the technical aspects of the product to be able to sell it well.
I mean, if you are a pilot or a sailor and have some spare time, you know that it could happen you end up in that neighborhood Hamburg is also famous for.

Cheers,

Roby

Country
germany
Thanks Henrik, I'm glad you like it!

Hi bina,
driving the buses is certainly a good idea. However, because of the scenery is not so simple. It would look strange if the buses turn in the middle of the road in one piece. But who knows, maybe there is still a possibility.

@robystar:
The Reeperbahn is however quite far away from the Alster. Of course, I know this is a popular place for tourists. But for us "Hamburgers" it is rather "cold coffee".
In addition, it would probably be even difficult for VFR pilots to see all the ladies in short skirts from the airplane - and the more difficult for the IFR pilots. :D
By the way, this scenary is not planned as payware but as freeware. It will probably be a Christmas gift from Christian and me to the community ;).

Country
germany
It goes on quickly with the Outer Alster.
Here are the first 3 boat quays / sailing- / rowing clubs and restaurants.
Although all the boats and the shore vegetation are missing, they only come when all the quays and restaurants are finished.
From right to left: Quay "Atlantic", "Barca - at the Alster" and "Rowing Club Allemannia" with the Cafe Prüsse.

1dreiAnleger.JPG

The next is the restaurant "Cabin" (Kajüte)

Kajute1.JPG

"Cafe Hansa"

Cafe_Hansa.JPG

And now a night view of the great quay of the "Northern German Regatta Society" and the "Rowing Company Hansa" with the accompanying restaurants.

Norddeut-Regatta-Verein_Rudergesell_Hansa_Nacht.JPG

And lastly, an overview of the "Outer Alster"

Aussenalster_Ueberblick1.JPG

Thus only two small boat quays are missing on the east bank. After that I will build the one large quay on the north bank and then I have to build any quays on the west bank.

Country
germany
So, it's time again for a small update:

The two last restaurant and rowing / sailing clubs on the "Outer Alster" are now also installed in the scenery.
In addition I added on the side of the "Inner Alster" also the two hiking trails along the "Lombards Bridge" and also equipped with Dynamic Lights.
This would complete the larger objects now.

Now come the little things, like all the many static sailing / pedal and rowing boats in the marinas, the moving sailing boats and, of course, the summer and winter vegetation.
Yes, and of course a lot of people are missing. However, most of it will be static, since the animation files for the Living People are quite big.

Last_Clubs.JPG

LombardWanderwege.JPG

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Now throw a SAR-UH1D, some hospitals and some medical emergency missions into the mix and you'll have yourself many happy rotorheads.

P.S: I wish there was something as detailed as this for Berlin. I've tried to add some buildings and landmarks nicked from Google Earth to the city, but even with some simplification, framerates in the city were bloody awful.

Country
germany
Yes with the Frame rates in densely populated areas it is always a bit difficult. I have over Hamburg also only between 17 and 24 FPS (depending on aircraft more or less). But with P3D V4 you can fly and land very well at 15 FPS.

Country
germany
Hello all ;D

I think, you make a very great job ;D The scene is very awsome ;D

GReetings

Gerriet

Country
germany
Time for a few new pictures:

In the meantime I have installed all boats. Both the static sailboats in the marinas and restaurants, as well as the AI sailboats, which cross over the Alster during spring, summer and fall. This has created a lot of traffic on Lake Alster.

Alster3_01-09-2017.JPG

Sailboats without sails are static, while sailboats with sails are AI boats that sail across the Alster lake.

Alster4_01-09-2017.JPG

But on the Alster are not only sailing boats, it is also an Eldorado for rowers and rowing clubs. Whether in the fourth, eighth or one rowing boat; here everything is represented.

Alster5_01-09-2017.JPG

Of course the law on the water must not be missing, therefore, of course, the two boats of the water police are there.

Alster6_01-09-2017.JPG

Here the pier "Rabenstraße" with the police station and the footbridge of the police boats at night.
Alster7_01-09-2017.JPG

Another rowing club, this time on the west bank.
Alster8_01-09-2017.JPG

And here are a few overview pictures of some marinas.
Alster9_01-09-2017.JPG

Alster10_01-09-2017.JPG

Alster11_01-09-2017.JPG

Country
denmark
Looks great, Manfred! Beautiful details and with that weather it calls for an icecream and a walk around the lake :D

Country
germany
Hello Henrik,

thank you for the praise.

You are perfectly right. This weekend we have the "Alster Happening" and that looked so today:

Alstervergnuegen_0199.jpg

Hundreds of food and drinking stalls around the "Binnenalster" (Inner Alster) and hundreds of thousands of people on the banks.

The week up to 10.Sept. is again "Blueport" in the port of Hamburg, which then coincides with the "Cruise Days" next weekend.
This is going to be giant again and the harbor will have more of the devil than it already has in the summer - and now guess where the "Fischkopp" will be :D