Next Sde Build.............

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK please chack that you are pointing SDE to the versions of BGLComp.exe and BglComp.xsd that come with the Updated SDK and not the original ones that come with the Deluxe Version. If you are pointing at the old ones you will get errors of the type you describe.

OK please chack that you are pointing SDE to the versions of BGLComp.exe and BglComp.xsd that come with the Updated SDK and not the original ones that come with the Deluxe Version. If you are pointing at the old ones you will get errors of the type you describe.
I have tested with SP1 of SDK and both SDE versions, sorry but no help... Really weird now.. Perhaps there is something interfering with the program on my computer?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
what is the time/date stamp for your copies of BglComp? The boundary fence vertex error is exactly what I get if I use the BglComp.exe dated 4 Sept 2006 at 22.12

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK then they are the ones I am using. Try copying them away from your SDK folders into a new folder and point to that in SDE. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the wrong one is being read. Make sure the only files are the exe from december and the xsd from november

OK then they are the ones I am using. Try copying them away from your SDK folders into a new folder and point to that in SDE. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the wrong one is being read. Make sure the only files are the exe from december and the xsd from november
I get the same problem, however if I but the xml file into the same folder as the bglcomp is and compile it, there is no problem and I get a bgl file.
Maybe I'm the only "lucky one" who get's this problem... :/

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You do have a work folder inside the SDE Folder where the XML etc is going when you save it or compile it with SDE?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK then I am as confused as you as to why you are getting the problems. Can you check that there are no copies of BglComp.exe or BglComp.xsd in any of the folders in your SDE installation.

OK then I am as confused as you as to why you are getting the problems. Can you check that there are no copies of BglComp.exe or BglComp.xsd in any of the folders in your SDE installation.

I deleted the SDE programs and extracted it again from their archives. Moved em' to another hard drive and did so with the BGLcomp.
The same story with both programs.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK then I really do not know what to suggest.

Unless someone can replicate the problem for me, or test this BGL and get it to work I am not sure where we go from here.

Perhaps someone can load APX52100.Bgl and see if they can compile etc ESSD.

OK then I really do not know what to suggest.

Unless someone can replicate the problem for me, or test this BGL and get it to work I am not sure where we go from here.

Perhaps someone can load APX52100.Bgl and see if they can compile etc ESSD.
you have done much already. The problem is with every APXxxxx.bgl I am testing, so the problem is not only related to ESSD.
But it have to be something with my computer, don't know what...
The SDE looks great but want to get my teeth in it :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Guys

I have split off the discussion on Protecting Bgl and Xml source files into a separate thread as it relates generally to SDE and not this specific build