• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No A/C at airport

Country
australia
Hello,
I've been using AIFP for several years, and suddenly it's gone off the rails. I have converted MAIW flight plans and created some of my own, but they are showing at the given airport, the tricky thing is the aircraft are spawning,
arriving and parking, but next time I reload, they are gone.
I'm using aifp3.2.19, in FSX-SE. All files are validated and appear to be loaded, I have searched ADE's fault finder and all seems to be correct, also I use the convert FS9-FSX tool in aifp.
The problem showed up about a week ago when I was using aifp3.2.15, so downloaded 19 but no change.

hoping you can help,

best regards Geoff.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Geoff, you haven't given me much to go on. But, you mention converting FS9 ->FSX. If an FS9 traffic file is within the purview of FSX (and :SE), FSX traffic will not appear. I suspect you have a bunch of FS9 files that you are converting one at a time and running FSX:SE after each conversion., That won't work. Move all your FS9 files to a temporary folder that FSX:SE doesn't "see" and your FSX traffic should appear.

There have been no changes to AIFP's basic functions for a long while.

Don

Country
australia
Don, thanks, I'm acutely aware of not mixing fs9 and fsx, my problem is that the a/c are not spawning at the airport although they can be found using the toolbox explorer and follow them to the airport, where they perform normally. To the best of my knowledge I have not changed any settings in the last few weeks. I first noticed this problem when I installed MAIW KRND with 40 a/c and only 1 plane

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
If the aircraft are registered properly in Traffic Toolbox Explorer and perform normally except for spawning, it's unlikely the traffic file is at fault. Are you tracking them using UTC or local time. If the latter. DST may be a factor.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Geoff

can I suggest you try using the "Traffic & Parking Analyser" function (under Bulk Traffic in AIFP) to see what aircraft will be showing at your airport. This function is very useful when checking whether your schedules are working or not.

Country
australia
What would happen if I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, would existing files be affected? I have poked and prodded every option and I'm getting nowhere, as for 'traffic and Parking' function, I can't find it in AIFP, I do not know what happened to the program, it worked for years then suddenly stopped. All files validate and install ADE shows no problems and to the best of my knowledge there are no Windows updates, so I can only see one option.

Geoff

Country
unitedkingdom
What would happen if I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, would existing files be affected? I have poked and prodded every option and I'm getting nowhere, as for 'traffic and Parking' function, I can't find it in AIFP, I do not know what happened to the program, it worked for years then suddenly stopped. All files validate and install ADE shows no problems and to the best of my knowledge there are no Windows updates, so I can only see one option.

Geoff
If you think you need to uninstall and reinstall then you should back up your 'FlightPlans' folder before uninstalling and (obviously) copying it back after reinstalling.

If you cannot 'see' the "Traffic and Parking Analyser" feature (see picture) then it does look as if your installation has gone wrong and you do need to reinstall.

TPA.jpg

Do not rely only on the fault finder of ADE. It will only tell you if you have done things as it should in as far as the airport layout is concerned (hold shorts, orphan nodes, etc.), but it does not know about the AI you want to have there.
For instance, parking spots not big enough for the AI or coded wrong, flight plans for them that do not give the AI enough time to go to their parking spot before they have to leave again or (like Don said) Zulu vs Local time, etc., could also have some bearing on your problem.
MAIW does not affect existing AIFP flight plans unless you also added their airports so that there could be a conflict between your own airport and theirs if both are active.