• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No GuidToName information in FSDS 3.51

Country
iceland
I am now trying to make bgl file for FSX with FSDS 3.51. I have followed all instructions for the compile options and the regional settings but still get this error message:

OutputFile: _temp.MDL
Output file after modification: _temp.MDL
Creating output MDL file: _temp.MDL
error : Error in .X file: (C:\Documents and Settings\Erla\_temp.x)! No GuidToName information!
error :
error : Failed to process file: C:\Documents and Settings\Erla\_temp.x
Usage: XToMDL.exe /KEEP /NOGUI /BATCH /NOCRASH /BMP2DDS /XMLSAMPLE /XANIM /DICT:DictFileName /OUT:OutfileName Filename.X

The problem seems to be connected with the GuidToName information. Do you know a workaround for that one?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you sure you have set a friendly name for your object? I am not sure where to do this in FSDS, but the FsX MDL formats requires this.

Country
puertorico
Are you sure you have set a friendly name for your object? I am not sure where to do this in FSDS, but the FsX MDL formats requires this.

In FSDS, when you export, you have to give it a name in the dialog, the same as gmax.

THe GUID is automatically generated and appears in the resulting x file:

Code:
GuidToName {
	"{22DD3B94-064D-4205-BBFA-62EA366C53B5}";
	"FSDS_object";
}

(For a quick test, I just made a default box and exported it as mdl, x and bgl files. When exporting as a bgl or scenery mdl, I have to enter a name. When merely exporting to an x file, the default name is "FSDS_object"

I think it has to be something else, because I can't repeat the problem

Country
iceland
When you save file as bgl you have to give it a name otherwise the process will not start so that is not the problem. Somewhere I saw similar problem with Gmax and in that case the solution was to import the x file manually into GUIDGen (I think). I am totally lost here :eek:

Last edited:
Country
france
Hello,
I just have buy FSDS 3.51 in boxed version in France (packaged by Micro Application), and I have the same problem and the same message. I have checked my Direct X 9 version (the last one), the differents files needed, the paths... Impossible to compile a simple cube !
I also have try to install the FS9 SDK and to use them, and I also have a compilation error...

I am not a beginner with FSDS, I was using V2 without problems under FS9. I have a downloaded V3 version who works fine and I hab buy a boxed 3,5 to have the last version and to begin to build for FSX... But I can't make it work. Does some one have find a solution at this No GuidToName Information error ?

Thanks

Jean-Louis Coussot

Country
france
SOLVED !

I have sent a question to Abacus and Adam Howe have quickly answered. In fact, the version of the installer on the french "Micro Application" boxed version is not "a good one" (even if it is noted 3.51).

Adam have send me a new installer working with my registration key, and everything is working now. I also have added a coma as "large numbers separator" in regionnal settings.

Thanks to Adam and Abacus for the way they have solved the problem !