• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No Laughing

Country
unitedstates
It's all a work in progress and I am learning. My question is, is there any way to get the AI to depart from a parking space without pushing back at first? See the video for explanation, it's in the first 10 seconds or so. Thank you for your help.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Presumably, then, you want it to exit forward. If so make the first link OUT of the parking spot very short. This will be the push-back distance and the aircraft will simply appear to jerk slightly. That's about the best you can do.

Country
unitedstates
Thank you very much for your answer, that makes sense. I was fiddling with the taxi links direction being forward or reverse as I am not sure what that means yet. Your answer will do just fine. Thank you again!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Of course, you'll also have to use the plumbing method for your taxiways to make this all work. If you need some assistance with that, I suggest you take a look at the tutorial Drive-Through Parking" on my website http://stuff4fs.com.

Country
us-northcarolina
Just curious..I have FSX on a different machine and if I wanted to see your afcad with the "plumbing" you are talking about for "ai's" and getting rid of that pushback business....which afcad would i load from the scenery VIC Plus..... (2007) or load your 2017 better?

Thanks for sharing,
BobM.

Country
us-northcarolina
why your youtube has been banned or removed?

Stuart
I think the plumbguy's video is just a sample of how the ai's backup even when they can depart straight out from the parking spot as you have probably seen Stuart.

Bestest,
BobM.

Country
unitedstates
Look at this.

I cannot open.

Stuart

Attachments

• -2020-aug-2-001.jpg
    -2020-aug-2-001.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 94

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, CYYJ 2017 is at least 10 years better that the airport in VicPlus 2007

Country
us-northcarolina
Bob, CYYJ 2017 is at least 10 years better that the airport in VicPlus 2007

Hey..if I get it and want to see the ade...with ADE...lol...can i see what the set up looks like for just for my learning...which is slow. Which file do i open.. Unless it's a state secret.... :)

Thanks,
BobM

Country
us-northcarolina
Load the airport.bgl into ADE and you'll see all the plumbing. Also, you can download the tutorial Drive-Thru Parking from my website http://stuff4fs.com
Sorry...don't mean to be a DA..but I have been thru all the folder and nothing listes as "airport.BGL"...can y7ou show me a pic of where it is..

Using:Application 01.79.7475.29407

Thanks,
Bestest..BE SAFE!!
BobM.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, there are 2 airport .bls in each CYYJ\scenery folder for each version, all named ADE_CYYJ_701 …….bgl. Take your pick.

Country
us-northcarolina
Bob, there are 2 airport .bls in each CYYJ\scenery folder for each version, all named ADE_CYYJ_701 …….bgl. Take your pick.

Hi Don...I downloaded both the VicPlus one and the latest v7 and I see no such animal...This is downloaded (v7) from your site..heres a pic of the FSX version.. look at heading and you will see the directory I am in...

Thanks Don...sorry..was reading the document but actually seeing it would make more sense.

Bestest,
BobM.

Attachments

• 702 -1.PNG
    702 -1.PNG
    80 KB · Views: 87

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
There are two ADE files in that folder, one for (Stock Lights) and one for (Custom Lights). I'm not sure if they are both supposed to be there, but those are likely the airport BGL file(s) you are looking for.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Tom....amazing and absolutely stunning!! saved a pic of the parking so I can kinda get an idea.....Play with it on one spot and watch the ai to see if i did it right...lol.. Its not every body that has a picture of Don's plumbing on their desktop....:) BTW..I can't get the link to "Quote:I discovered he and Holger Sandmann, both well-known freeware- and payware-scenery developers, had successfully implemented “drive-through” parking at their CYWH water airport. A series of posts by Jon and Holger in the AVSIM forum outlining the key factors in their implementation".........to work...Will read Don's pdf and see if I can figure this out....Trying but wind up with orphan's ..

Thanks for all your help over the years,
BobM.

Attachments

• Don's Plumbing.PNG
    Don's Plumbing.PNG
    343 KB · Views: 100
Last edited: